Graphic Designer 🌎
We are a community newspaper with a 60-year tradition serving community news from an African American perspective. This is an ideal position for a reliable team player looking for steady freelance work. If you are looking for a long-term opportunity, not just a pit stop, this position may be for you.
Our ideal candidate is a team-oriented, experienced graphic designer with a great work ethic, a passion for community, and who can comfortably work newspaper and web pages.
Can you edit photos, place newspaper pages, build graphics and create illustrations for print and online publications? Our ideal candidate is self-motivated and has the graphic design skills to create, troubleshoot, modify, proof, and produce a quality commercial print / digital newspaper publication, on deadline and within guidelines. News judgment is a big plus in our diverse office. We are a family-owned business with a low-key professional vibe. There is steady, weekly freelance work for the right candidate.
We work in InDesign, Google Office Suite, and Photoshop. If interested, submit a brief cover letter, resume and a minimum of two work samples.
- Working knowledge of newspaper layouts.
- Electronically and creatively layout editorial articles and events for print. Requires accurate typesetting, correcting photos, troubleshooting PDFs, quality control.
- Create and share work using Adobe Creative Suite layout and design software.
- Effectively communicate and interact with staff.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, in a fast-paced environment.
- Meet deadlines, problem solve, and attend to specific details and instructions.
- Create ads / flyers as needed.
Desired Skills and Specifications
- Graphic Design: Minimum 1 year graphic design in the print industry.
- Experience proofing and preparing accurate files for print production.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be collaborative team player.
- $60.00 to $350.00 /week
- Graphic Design: 1 year (Required)
- San Diego, CA 92115 (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
This Company Describes Its Culture as
- Detail-oriented – quality and precision-focused
- Team-oriented – cooperative and collaborative
- Day shift
- Night shift
- On call
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page