Apparel Designer 📍 Hackensack, United States
Job duties will provide support to the Creative Director on a variety of projects and take on tasks such as: CAD, creating tech packs, setting up design boards, tracking samples. You will also assist with trend research, design, assist in fittings and handle additional projects as needed.
- 2+ years of apparel design experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Art or Fashion is preferable
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop with a working knowledge of InDesign
- Technical sketches and CAD linesheets
- Fluent in Microsoft office
- Familiar with PLM Systems a plus!
- Tech Pack development in all men’s categories
- Update style & fabric trackers for the season
- Basic knowledge of garment construction and measurement
- Knowledge of current trends in menswear
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally andin writing
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Stellar time management
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Part Time
- On-site in Hackensack, New Jersey
- Hourly salary will be determined on job experience
- Part-time to potential full time
- hourly rate - rate is based on experience
- CAD and textile design: 2 years (Preferred)
- menswear: 1 year (Preferred)
- fashion design: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- How many years of of technical fabric construction and garment construction experience do you have?
- One location
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
Typical start time
Typical end time
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
$35-50 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page