Fashion Designer 📍 New York, United States
CALA is seeking a self motivated fashion professional for a freelance role. Applicants must have some experience in Technical Design and Fashion design.
The primary purpose of this role is to support our designer clients throughout the ideation, design, development and production process.
The Development partner will collaborate with CALA platform designers throughout the development of items submitted through CALA. The Development partner will be responsible for setting the standard for size, fit and construction from development to production and following the CALA guidelines. Most work can be done remotely, but you will need to come into the office for client kick-off meetings, sample pick ups and fittings.
- Collaborate with the designer clients to understand the design intent and fit needed. Be able to add valuable input to ensure the fit and function of the garment is successfully achieved.
- Create design pages that specify initial points of measurement with the measurement tool, construction call outs through the annotation tool and provide graded specs upon sample approval. Must know grade rules and have the ability to communicate adjustments to designer and partner.
- Evaluate product category to predict and troubleshoot any potential risk that could cause delays in production or final approval.
- Communicate corrections and adjustments as needed to partners for improved fit samples and production.
- Ability to adjust graphic artwork including pantone color callouts and matching, graphic placements, and sizing.
- 3+ years of technical design work experience
- Strong interest in technology, ability to pivot between photoshop, Illustrator, and google sheets
- Good communication and follow up skills (written, verbal, and soft skills)
- Ability to work on a variety of garment categories including but not limited to knits, wovens, denim, sweaters, etc. for both men’s and women’s
- Strong knowledge of fit and construction. Ability to execute technical sketches, construction callouts and fit corrections.
- Knowledge of pattern making and draping is a plus
- Ability to recommend solutions to help designers reach their goals
- Great problem solving skills , able to anticipate potential issues and create preventive strategies
- Pivot and prioritize based on project needs in a fast paced environment
We at CALA are a collaborative & close knit team that are working to revolutionize the way designers and manufacturers work together to create fashion products!
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page