Web Developer 🌎
- Apply and put your PHP web development and Wordpress maintenance abilities to the test, learn new skills, and grow.
- Be part of a high-growth, creative company with a focused product and mission that betters the world.
- Work from home (we meet face-to-face weekly via webcam on Skype).
- Have fun while interacting and learning from fellow team members.
- Learn new web development skills and gain knowledge (e.g. we work with Wordpress plugins, and are integrating our app with various APIs like Stripe and social media APIs).
- Room to grow in the organization.
- Earn a monthly income that can easily grow into a full-time salary with good performance.
ABOUT THE POSITION AND WHO WILL BEST FILL IT
- Web developer with a deep knowledge of PHP, and experience working with Wordpress or doing Wordpress related site maintenance.
- Experience in GIT, htaccess, file permissions for security purposes, new plugins and 301 redirects.
- Preferably with server admin experience and experience with the Codeigniter Framework.
- This is also for you if you like to learn about new plugins, web apps, and various APIs.
- Should possess a positive, and solutions-oriented attitude. Can help us to regularly update the company’s website and implement tweaks on a weekly, ongoing basis.
- Someone who is focused and stable.
- Enjoys working within our process while also contributing in a positive way to the larger team.
- Check daily for tasks assigned to you in our AutoGrow App and Skype. - Majority of the tasks are setting up, support and maintenance of our clients’s pages, apps and software.
- Take action on tasks to implement or ask clarifying questions. Common maintenance tasks include, but are not limited to: - Wordpress support and maintenance - DNS-type changes and FTP - Setting up and installing plugins - Fix bugs and issues on the site
- Identify ways to streamline our implementation process to save time and deliver results for customers faster.
- Check your work before passing back to the Project Manager for review.
- Keep data and login information confidential and secure using our encryption best practices.
- Clearly and constructively communicate with the Project Manager if you get stuck or need help with something.
- Learn and be open to learning new web apps, marketing software, and Wordpress plugins – which we use and commonly integrate with customer’s websites.
- Collaborate directly with AutoGrow’s founder to update and drive development on our web applications.
- Attending daily sync-ups at 1030 am EST on Zoom.
- Attending team meetings, once per week at Tuesday, 1030am EST on Skype through video.
- Must have a minimum of intermediate-level proficiency in Wordpress, as well as some experience with Linux / server admin (most if not all of your work will be in Wordpress though).
- Must have expert level proficiency with PHP / MySQL.
- Must be available for team calls via video chat on Skype or Zoom.
- Able to contribute with positive, constructive ideas for how to improve your work process.
- Not a requirement but a plus to have: proficiency in Google Analytics, Wordpress plugins like Thrive Themes, email marketing apps like ActiveCampaign, Mailchimp, Infusionsoft, and other marketing software like LeadPages.
- Able to follow specific directions every week via our checklists and other instructional media used to operate the business with best practices.
- A positive, enthusiastic attitude with good organizational skills.
- Must have a customer & solution-oriented mindset.
- Must be diligent and consistent.
- Enjoys following our work process while working constructively with the team to continuously improve it.
- Full-time, Contract
- $1,000.00 /month
- web development: 3 years (Required)
- site support and maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
No, we can work online
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page