Graphic Designer 📍 New York, United States
The Studio Artist is responsible for working alongside senior members of the team and supporting the department by handling key operational aspects of our projects (mechanical edits, photo rights documents, uploads, binder submissions, style guides and other studio tasks).
The Studio Artist will demonstrate a commitment to deliver work that represents the highest degree of accuracy from both the technical and content aspects of the job. They will increase their competency by capitalizing on the opportunity to learn from their team and the training offered by the company. Work will be performed according to established agency job flow procedures and will meet deadline commitments.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Learn and carry out department and agency processes
- Learn and carry out client and creative graphic standards
- Follow direction and provide input on assignments
- Accountable for learning multiple file transferring systems (Xinet, WamNet)
- Manage workload, take responsibility for work being completed correctly and within the timeframe given
- Inform supervisor of any issues they foresee or when assignments are not progressing
- Undertake additional responsibilities and take a proactive approach to helping others and sharing industry knowledge
- Display enthusiasm and adaptability—embrace changes as they arise. Take initiative to develop new skill sets in various digital mediums and agency technology advancements. Take full advantage of agency training classes
- Present a helpful, professional, and approachable attitude at all times, maintaining the department standard of “customer service” to the rest of the agency
- Contribute regularly and proactively to teamwork and team responsibilities including participating in weekend coverage rotation. Participate in team discussions and offer advice
- Take ownership and pride in work; double check all work, ensure all questions have been answered, see the job 100% through, follow up at all times
- Prepare, review, and approve all checklists, reports, separations and color-breaks before submitting work for routing
- Take a calm, independent approach to troubleshooting difficult jobs and technical glitches, while developing and sharing innovative solutions
- Manage and bill time accurately. Proactively seek work from your supervisor to assure continuous job flow and minimize downtime between assignments, arrive on time and proactively work through end of shift
- Initiate communication, or make queries to assure clear direction and accuracy
- Set an example of professionalism at all times
- Project a positive, can-do attitude, and generate an atmosphere of teamwork and enthusiasm by demonstrating respect for peers and supervisors and discouraging negative discourse wherever and whenever it arises
- Maintain open communications with peers and department managers to help answer questions and provide assistance and promote an atmosphere of teamwork
- Demonstrate independent problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- College degree and/or coursework in graphic arts preferred
- 2-5 years experience in studio art
- In-depth working knowledge of all Adobe CC applications including InDesign, Illustrator, and Acrobat, plus a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Understanding of the production process as it relates to preparing clean electronic mechanicals including die strikes, color space, digital assets including iPad, email and website layouts, as well as the print process
- Good design and typography skills
- Prior experience in healthcare is beneficial
- Willingness to be flexible with working hours
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page