Graphic Designer 🌎
We are currently looking for freelance graphics folks to help us make pictures for our articles. Basically, we need people who can take stock images and photoshop them to look more insane. Our ideal candidates are people who are familiar with our website and the general style of our header images. You should have professional experience with Photoshop and Illustrator, and you should know how to read. Additionally, we work on a tight publication schedule, so we need freelancers who are comfortable working with quick turnarounds and concrete deadlines.
Other requirements include
- Thorough understanding of fundamental art stuff such as lighting, composition, proportion, and perspective
- Willingness to work closely with our writers to ensure images accurately reflect the content of articles
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with photography (preferred but not necessary)
- Understanding of ClickHole’s visual voice and expectations of image tone and structure
- Willingness to accept and learn from failures and integrate constructive feedback
- A sense of humor
- Ability to replicate existing ClickHole content types and formats
- Not a chump
The gig is flexible in terms of time commitment. Each week, available projects are sent out to our freelance graphics pool and assigned to those who volunteer to take them on. Payment is reasonable but not mind-blowing.
To be considered for the role, send us your resume and portfolio and anything else that showcases your abilities. Let us know about your weekly availability, too, so we can get a sense of how free you generally are to work on stuff. Additionally, to prove your chops, please submit one of the following:
- A Photoshop of Zac Efron where he weighs 500 pounds (please don’t just crop his head onto a 500-lb guy’s body)
- A Photoshop of Jimmy Carter as a centaur
- A Photoshop of a very strong baby lifting a car over his head
- Fully Remote
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is
- Adaptable/flexible – enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
This Company Describes Its Culture as
- Detail-oriented – quality and precision-focused
- On call
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page