Video Editor 📍 Los Angeles, United States
Absurd Hero Productions is looking for an ongoing freelance Video Editor who is proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects and Photoshop. We are an equal opportunity employer.
In the narrative realm, Absurd Hero Production’s crowning achievement is the 2016 release of their film, Blood, Sweat & Years , which was critically reviewed by the writer of Dallas Buyers Club , Craig Borten, as being “…really, really well done”.
SELECTION / WORK SCHEDULE
The chosen editor will work with the Absurd Hero on a project by project basis, in a freelance capacity. Absurd Hero has a number of exciting projects queued up on their 2020 slate and are hoping to add an amazing editor to our team.
After interviewing candidates, we will do a final review. We will then move on to sharing our production schedule with the editor and map out landmarks and deadlines. There will be goals and hard deadlines, so the candidate must be able to manage their time effectively. We have many projects in the works and we will be moving fast.
- Up to 1-3 years of video editing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Film/Communications or a related field
- Solid reel/portfolio of compelling Post Production work
- Technical proficiency on Premiere, Final Cut, After Effects, and audio software
- Must exhibit flexibility under pressure and demonstrated ability to produce results
- Able to accommodate unanticipated spikes in workload
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to be a key collaborator in a creative team
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
This is an unprecedented opportunity for any young filmmaker so please keep in mind that we would only like to review reels from serious individuals. It is a privilege to make a living from the art of cinema and we want to work with someone who has a strong work ethic, who is punctual, consistent and creative, because these qualities will be vital to the success of a project. We only wish to engage with individuals who can follow through with a commitment.
How to Apply
Please send resumes and reels: Subject Line: “(your name) - AHP Video Editor”. Only qualifying individuals will be contacted for an interview. Thank you and keep the dream alive!
- $20.00 /hour
- Adobe Premiere Pro: 2 years (Preferred)
- Communication Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe After Effects: 1 year (Preferred)
- Video Editing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity
- Multiple locations
- Monday to Friday
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page