Jr. UX Designer 📍 Portland, United States
We are a small Portland-based digital product design and technology agency with a focus on creating digital control, apps, and B2B experiences. We need a Jr. UX designer to support the research, interaction and user experience design portion of our projects.
We are looking for support on a variety of projects focused on control systems, B2B and B2C web & mobile applications.
- Support the Creative Director, Sr. Designers and Engineering team in:
- Discovery of user needs
- Completion of competitive analysis
- Conducting adjacent landscape research
- Development of wireframes
- Creation of prototypes
- Development of client facing documentation
- 1 to 2 years experience developing technical digital products
- Proficiency in the following technologies:
- Sketch, Figma
- InVision and other prototyping tools
- Adobe Suite
- Functional understanding or experience with the following technologies a plus:
- RESTful APIs
- A mind-set aimed at developing research-based, user-centered solutions regardless of medium.
- Commitment to an on-going 20 to 30 hours a week.
- Willingness to commit to a flexible delivery schedule based on individual project.
- Experience in industrial or visual design beneficial, but not a requirement.
- We are looking to find a long-term freelance team member and are offering between $40 and $50 USD an hour depending on experience.
How to Apply
Please respond with a brief description of your qualifications, an up-to-date resume, and a link to an updated portfolio online. Also, please include a description of a recent project describing how you understood/identified the challenge, researched user needs, then developed and explained the solution.
The portfolio should include:
- Research methods and outputs
- Wireframes for digital experiences (Web & Mobile)
- Be prepared to share source files from recent projects & deliverables as well as references on a fast-follow.
- Part-time, Contract
- $40.00 to $50.00 /hour
- Graphic Design: 1 year (Required)
- User Experience Design: 1 year (Required)
- Portland, OR 97219 (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity
- One location
- Fully Remote
Hours per week
Typical start time
Typical end time
- Monday to Friday
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
$45-75 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page