UX/UI Designer 🌎
Viderity is in immediate need of a UX/UI designer with front end development experience for a part-time, telecommute role. Must be a US citizen. They can be located anywhere in the U.S. We will fly the individual to DC a few times per year for meetings with clients.
This person will work with us to support our teams at NSF, USPTO, and the Smithsonian. S/he will be engaged in a wide variety of tasks and will need to get background checks by these organizations so that they may access their systems. We are seeking an independent consultant who is willing to work closely with us and our clients, using our clients and Viderity’s email systems to communicate.
What they will do
- Develop UI mockups and UX hi-resolution prototypes and iterate through solutions quickly
- Incorporate upgrades to websites through tools such as WordPress
- Create original designs for web pages, mobile apps, and advertisements (e.g. images/sketches, diagrams, wireframes of experience, clickable prototype review-able demo including user notes and anything else identified during the discovery period)
- Engage directly with stakeholders, project teams and partners to understand business objectives, effectively communicate design recommendations, and solicit feedback
- Understand user motivations and business objectives
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Develop, refine and adhere to design systems and style guides
- Work independently to apply design concepts and contribute ideas to stakeholder team
- Present design ideas to business stakeholders, solicit feedback and iterate on design solution based on feedback
- Collaborate with internal A portfolio demonstrating proficiency in creating usable and compelling experiences through a user-centered design process including wireframes, interaction flows, high-fidelity screen-shots, and design specs
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) design for mobile and web applications.
- Demonstrable fluency with Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch or other design tools
- Solid Understanding of design patterns and reusable modules
- Solid understanding of information architecture best Continue practices and concepts
- Solid understanding of HTML & CSS
- Latest design trends, tools, and user experience techniques
- Strong digital asset creation skills
- Excellence in self-directed, collaborative and leadership skills
- Effectiveness in communication, time-management, and process management skills
- Intellectual curiosity and orientation toward detail
- Experience with UX research and conducting user interviews
- $40.00 to $75.00 /hour
- Information Architecture: 3 years (Required)
- Web Design: 3 years (Preferred)
- UX and Wireframe design: 3 years (Preferred)
- Graphic Design: 3 years (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
Typical start time
Typical end time
- On call
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
$45-75 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
No, we can work online
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page