Video Editor 📍 New York, United States
The video department at Meredith Corporation produces thousands of videos per year, which are distributed to various platforms. Our content ranges from original long-form pieces to high-quality branded content for Meredith’s advertisers, as well as editorial content for Meredith brands, including: People, Travel and Leisure, Instyle, Shape, Food and Wine, Parents and Martha Stewart Living.
We are looking for a detail orientated Assistant Editor to join our growing Media Desk. The ideal candidate will have an editing background, be highly organized and be an avid social video consumer.
This is a 40 hour week, freelance position.
- Creating social cuts of master edits: resizing graphics, reframing shots and retiming edits.
- Ensuring videos meet brand guidelines.
- Monitoring quality control.
- Attaching metadata to large volumes of incoming daily video.
- Uploading videos to Brightcove.
- Experience: 1-2 years of editing with Adobe Premiere.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film/Television or other applicable area of study.
- Experience editing social video for multiple platforms.
- Technical expertise: knowledge of various video codecs and formats. A strong familiarity with Adobe software, with a concentration in After Effects.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) not just in telling stories through editing, but with the wider team.
- Calm under pressure and able to deliver high quality editing projects under tight deadlines.
- One location
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
$45-75 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page