WordPress Developer 🌎
Kero Creative – a growing, woman-owned startup based in Duluth, Minnesota – is seeking an independent, self-motivated WordPress Developer to join our small, collaborative team as an independent contractor. We offer our team members a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, and a place for creative professionals to grow, thrive and importantly, play. As a hybrid marketing agency, we serve small to mid-sized businesses through brand development, which includes graphic design, web design/development, social media management, photography, videography and copywriting.
With flexible hours and work-from-home options, this opportunity is ideal for independent contractors seeking family-friendly, self-governing work.
WordPress Developer (Independent Contractor) Responsibilities
- Meeting with Kero Creative to discuss website design and function
- Designing and building the website front-end
- Creating the website architecture
- Designing and managing the website back-end including database and server integration
- Generating WordPress themes and plugins
- Conducting website performance tests
- Troubleshooting content issues
- Conducting WordPress training with clients
- Monitoring the performance of the live website
WordPress Developer Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Advertising or similar field
- Proven work experience as a WordPress Developer (2-4 years)
- Knowledge of code versioning tools including Git, Mercurial, and SVN
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics
- Ability to project manage
- Good communication skills
- Positive, laid-back attitude – we want work to be fun!
- $30.00 to $40.00 /hour
- WordPress: 2 years (Required)
- What is your hourly rate?
- Fully Remote
- Flexible schedule
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Company Describes Its Culture as
- People-oriented – supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented – cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
No, we can work online
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page