Web Developer 🌎
Instinctive Insights is a growing, high-tech, data-driven marketing company based in North Columbus, Ohio. We’ve been around for 5 years and in 2019 we spun off from our parent company to become our own, unique identity. We just hired a social media manager … and now we need someone like you for web development. We plan to do more hiring later this year as our growth curve continues.
We chiefly need a Web Developer that is proficient in .NET and Azure, as we have a host of internal and external websites and applications already buzzing away on these platforms. Candidates MUST be skilled in both or geniuses that can learn very quickly … able to dissect what has already been coded and make changes and enhancements to existing code where needed.
Literally right now we are about to embark on some very cool and meaningful interfaces and tools that will integrate tightly with our current SQL/Azure/.NET environment … you’ll not only get to “support” what we have … but bring your vision to the next important step in our company. We can talk more about that later.
- Own it all … code … test … launch … bring your vision and energy and passion … come up with new ideas … carve your path … be entrepreneurial and suggestive while working well with the team to gather requirements you need
- Support internal CRM and Project Management system we developed on our own – think of it as Asana or Sales-Force Light with our own unique spin; because we had our own needs and didn’t really like what was available for ridiculously-expensive licensing
- Support our existing email application, this bad boy is built to interface with a number of backend apps from third-parties that do the heavy email lifting … think of it as a “shell” we built around a core … but the shell does a lot and we’ve gotten better at email marketing than any of the original applications could by coding this from the ground up
- Keep us innovating by building the next thing … we’ve got a need right now for a proposal engine which we have already defined and written logic for … and then we have a whole wish list of stuff we’d love to get to … but our needs change as fast as the world so we just keep prioritizing as we go
- You are largely on your own in this role, so you better be able to code and code well; you’ll have support from a SQL Guru, UX Professional, people with light coding and web skills … but largely this is an area of the business you will own and run while working with others that have their respective keys to the castle … such as complex database architectures in SQL (the SQL Guru)
- Working well on your own is important; you will interface with a team daily on Slack or on phone calls … but largely you are bringing skills to the table the rest of us don’t have and don’t want to have because we’re busy conquering our own respective world
- Work at our office. Work from home. Work in your underwear. We don’t care.
- We just want quality work and a great attitude and cultural fit with the rest of us working in our slippers and underwear. We demand a lot. We give a lot of autonomy and responsibility in return.
- We work hard and well as a team. We have fun. We are flexible and have a great work environment for the right person.
- We don’t tolerate slackers, jerks, IT-Righteous individuals or people with thin skin that need to win the “participation trophy” and “feel good about themselves.” If you want that go work for Corporate America. If you want a REAL job with REAL potential to show your skills and work with other like-minded REAL people that decided it was important to have a cool and fun job since we have to work all the dang time anyway … this could be a great place for you.
No college degree required. No experience required. Your coding skills, learning skills, competence, dedication and brilliance is what we want … maybe that means you have lots of work experience or a piece of paper … maybe it doesn’t.
WE JUST WANT THE BEST PERSON FOR THE JOB! If that’s with a degree and 20+ years’ experience, great! If not, great!
Send us a resume and let us know briefly why you think this job, or our company was interesting. We usually get hundreds of applications … so the 10 of you that take the time standout and produce a cover letter or even one or two paragraphs about the job, your experiences, etc., will stand out.
- Full-time, Part-time
- $20.00 to $80.00 /hour
- .NET: 1 year (Preferred)
- Azure: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Fully Remote
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Typical start time
Typical end time
This Job Is
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Day shift
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
$45-75 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
No, we can work online
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page