Designer 📍 Hazlet, United States
Artisan 34 is the freshest Soft Home Decor & Textile Company on the block. In simple terms, we develop, design, manufacture and sell Soft Home & Décor Products to Corporate Retailers across North America & Canada. Our vision is to become the manufacturer of choice for on-demand home furnishings. By running our business under the values of positive people and purpose, our simple aim is to make doing business with us effortless and intensely satisfying!
What’s it like working at Artisan 34 Home?
Inspiring, fun, colorful, creative and out of the ordinary! We’re always working with artistic elements, sparks of imagination, searching and developing based on fashion-forward trends. We’re all about presenting new ways of seeing and experiencing the home. Please check out our Website, Instagram & Company Page on LinkedIn for more about us!
We’re a New Company and looking for Amazing, Good, and Energetic Team Members to join our Movement. At Artisan 34, we understand that it’s not about a job description anymore, rather about people enjoying the work that they’re doing with the people and the environment they’re in. We strive to create a positive and inspiring culture, that values a strong work ethic and respects diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to shape a work environment which encourages partners to engage with one another and make Artisan 34 a place they look forward to working each day.
- Digitize artwork, including prints for use in computer drawn product representations, embroidery layouts, and color mixing on computer to match standards.
- Develop and execute “product designs” (product mock-ups) that achieve overall product strategy and merchandise objective
- Compile design development packages (tech-packs) and distribute to technical design and over for sampling
- Prepare line and presentation material for line previews and buy meetings including color boards, concept boards, print and story boards
- Research market, trends and new product ideas.
- Assist in preparing print artwork into repeat & color ways.
- Assist in reviewing prints and colors for accuracy and give comments for correction.
- Develop flat mechanical sketches for design development packages and request development samples
- Responsible for tracking and approving labs dips, fabric samples, strike-offs and other development materials
Required Skills or Education
- 3-5 Years Design Experience in an office environment
- Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design and/or Art
- Experience in apparel or home textiles design/development, and understanding of the product development process
- Basic knowledge of fabrics and printing
- Flexible attitude and ability to work with changing priorities and deadlines
- Office: 3 years (Required)
- Illustrator & Photoshop: 3 years (Required)
- Hazlet, NJ 07730 (Required)
- Have you attached or included a link to your portfolio?
- One location
- 1 - 3 months
- Monday to Friday
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page