Graphic Designer 📍 Stamford, United States
The Graphic Designer is a member of the in-house Creative Services Department, reporting to the Creative Director, and managed by the Art Director. The Graphic Designer is responsible for designing and producing printed and digital materials across all BQG brands and Private Label, including: product packaging, advertising and promotions, point-of-sale graphics, marketing and trade show materials, photography and videos, web and digital initiatives. The Graphic Designer receives strategic creative direction from the Art Director and/or Creative Director and then executes completed work that perfectly aligns with that vision. Meticulous attention to detail, organizational and problem-solving skills are critical in order to keep all projects moving forward in a complex, extremely fast-paced, and constantly-evolving workflow.
The Graphic Designer is extremely knowledgeable about design principles and print production, and stays current with trends in the hair care, fashion and beauty industry, often communicating with hair stylists and beauty professionals. Partnering with Brand Managers and other internal and external resources, the Graphic Designer is responsible for managing their projects and coordinating with the Account Team to ensure on-time delivery of all creative materials. This is an extremely hands-on role, that requires a can-do “whatever it takes” attitude, and the technical and organizational skills to actually get it done.
- Hands-on design and delivery of all creative materials across all BQG brands and Private Label.
- Collaborate with the Art Director and Creative Director and other design team members to conceptualize and execute innovative designs that align with creative and marketing strategies.
- Communicate with Account Team and Art Director to manage the creative process, workflow and deliverables of the department to hit deadlines in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Build relationships and coordinate with Marketing team, and various departments and outside resources to facilitate the progress of all creative projects.
- Coordinate with print vendors and manufacturers to produce printed pieces and packaging deco that aligns with creative concept.
- Help to plan and execute several photo shoot and video projects with internal and external teams in support of marketing launches and customer needs.
- Manage, organize and safeguard all the digital assets that are developed both internally and externally via Bynder DAM software.
- Champion a highly creative, inspirational and mutually rewarding work environment that drives and promotes the company culture.
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Graphic Design or directly related field.
- 2+ years experience as Graphic Designer, working as part of a design team.
- Hands-on experience developing branded packaging, print and digital materials.
- Master of Adobe CC InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop; Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; Experience with web design software a plus.
- Proficient in modern ticketing, workflow and digital asset management and analytical tools; Experience with Bynder DAM a plus.
- Understanding of effective social media marketing, web and digital design.
- Highly organized; Demonstrates strong communication skills, problem solving capabilities, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and demonstrates a positive can-do attitude, and the ability to work effectively under pressure.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page