Are you a curious, ambitious and self motivated designer who loves to translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies? Are you an experienced collaborator who is invested in outcomes and team success? Do you exceed client expectations through immersion in their brand and surprise them with your visual communication prowess?
Jute Creative is a branding and marketing communications agency based in Portland, Oregon. We are committed to flexibility, ownership and creativity with teammates who inspire each other to do good work. We are seeking freelance designers to join our Collective. Do you love flexing your creative design skills and have a keen eye for detail? Let’s talk.
And hey, we know you’re more than your resume. If you don’t check every box but feel confident you’d rock this role, educate us about how your skills apply, and let’s get to know each other.
As a designer at Jute Creative, you will
- Lead projects from start to finish that satisfy a creative brief
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams including project leads, writers, strategists, designers, and digital marketing specialists
- Convey creative ideas and build strong relationships with the creative team and clients
- Offer and receive direct client feedback to improve the work
- Review work, troubleshoot, and provide feedback to other team members
- Develop graphic content, illustrations, and infographics
- Generate original concepts with rationale
- Possess the ability and willingness to quickly adapt to new technologies and tools
- Interpret and implement design using existing brand guidelines across a variety of categories
- Exercise a continuous learning approach to keep skills and industry knowledge fresh and current
- Apply knowledge of current digital and social trends
- Understand digital and social trends and performance, and use data and best practices to inform the work
- Create cohesive multi-channel digital content that aligns with larger brand stories
- Work remotely and be available to meet and collaborate in person and/or via web
- 4-year degree or certification in design or related field of study, and/or 5+ years of experience as senior-level graphic designer in branding and marketing communications
- Proven experience working for major B2C and B2B brands, preferably in financial services, health care and technology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, impeccable attention to detail, and personal accountability for the quality and timeliness of work
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat)
- Proficient in MS Office (specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite skills
- Familiarity with a breadth of creative and production management tools for file builds and asset management: Google, Slack, Dropbox, etc.
- hourly, depends on experience
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
$35-50 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
No, we can work online
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page