Graphic Designer 🌎
Gain experience and build your portfolio by volunteering at an innovative and dynamic environmental nonprofit connecting the next generation to public lands through hands-on learning. Our programs teach youth the importance of wildlife and habitat conservation, the vital role public lands play a role in sustainability, and give them the tools to become environmental stewards. Volunteering at Junior Wildlife Ranger, a project of the Earth Island Institute is a great way to give back to the community, to develop your resume, and get involved with environmental education for youth at the national level on your own schedule.
We are looking for people who are great communicators. Your ability to exercise time-management and work independently is important; ability to work in a group is a must. Other qualifications are listed below.
- Time commitment is 3-4 hours a week, beginning mid April 2020 and ending late September 2020.
- Start and end dates are flexible, though we are looking for candidates who can commit at least 6 months, if not more, to being an intern.
- This position is work-from-home on your own schedule. All volunteers should expect to meet with their team once a week with a call with the executive team once a month, as well as work with interns from other teams on joint projects.
- Earning academic credit for volunteering is possible, if applicable.
Artistic and Design Team Responsibilities
- Work with the Associate Director of Design and Director to design artistic material in a wide variety of formats. Some examples include:
- Print media such as activity booklets, pamphlets, or flyers.
- Digital icons, graphics, and content for the website.
- Apparel and merchandise
- Your designs will be published online or printed.
- Ability and access to use common digital art platforms. We rely heavily on Adobe software, so familiarity with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign highly recommended. Use of other platforms to produce work is fine, but you must be able to edit and export through the above file formats.
- The content produced by the Artistic and Design Team can be both graphic design and illustration oriented, so background in both fields is recommended. One example is putting together a refuge activity booklet from text and images generated by another intern, but also creating illustrations and visuals for the booklet.
- The final intern team will consist of both illustrators and graphic designers. Be prepared to commit to a weekly conference call to discuss project drafts and ideas. This is a very collaboration-heavy environment, and ability to share ideas and work in a team is critical.
Please include a cover letter describing yourself, your relevant experience, and why you are motivated to work on this project. Include this information, along with your name, city, and state. If you have a resume, please attach it. Provide a sample of your work as a folder attachment or portfolio link. Applications that do not include portfolios will NOT be considered. Applications are evaluated on a rolling basis.
- Temporary, Internship
- $0.00 /hour
- Fully Remote
- Flexible schedule
- 4 - 6 months
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
$35-60 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
You need to sign up
Only Twine members can pitch on jobs.
Existing members, sign in here.