Video Editor 📍 Secaucus, United States
MLB Network seeks a Freelance Video Editor with strong knowledge of and passion for baseball/hockey, as well as a proven level of expertise in live sports television production. The Freelance Editor will independently edit on assigned programming and assist in the management of the Highlight Group’s day-to-day production of assigned edited elements, including highlights, and assist in other assigned areas of production.
- Assist in the management of the Highlight Group’s day-to-day creation of daily production elements, including post-produced shows, montages and teases, to be produced and edited by designated Production Edit personnel.
- Independently edit and produce high-end daily, weekly and monthly show elements as assigned.
- Independently edit and produce high-level post-produced shows as assigned.
- Supervise the creation of sales elements and post-produced shows to ensure production standards and client expectations are met.
- Interface with Master Control to help ensure proper delivery of post-produced shows for air.
- When delegated to, serve as a point-person for Production and provide required information and insight to other departments when needed; act as a representative of the Production Edit department for assigned matters.
- Assist in the training and supervision of assigned Edit
- Provide feedback to Production department management regarding the selection and performance of Associate Producers and Broadcast Associates.
- Other such duties as assigned.
- It is expected that the Freelance Video Editor will maintain and increase knowledge in the Production discipline as well as the business on an ongoing basis.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate must have most if not all of the following skills and experiences:
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of live sports television production experience is
- Must demonstrate a passion for and knowledge of baseball/hockey.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Superior knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite including Premiere Pro, After Effects & Photoshop.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be extremely organized, demonstrate initiative and an ability to complete multiple assignments in a timely manner.
- Individual must work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrate the tact, diplomacy, decisiveness, and superior people skills required in a pressurized live television
- The ability to effectively take on leadership roles in various functions is required.
- Ability to lift up to 15
- Possess visual acuity sufficient to perform required tasks.
- Possess manual dexterity sufficient to perform required tasks.
- Possess a level of hearing sufficient for effective interaction with stakeholders by various means, including in-person, via phone, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Communications, Broadcast Journalism or related major is highly preferred.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$300-500 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
You need to sign up
Only Twine members can pitch on jobs.
Existing members, sign in here.