Senior Designer 📍 Washington, United States
Henry Health is a disruptive platform created to arrest the toxic stress, depression, and anxiety killing too many black men too soon. Our digital community provides self-mastery support and culturally sensitive teletherapy to black men so they can show up whole, operate with joy, and live with power. Members move towards this power by utilizing resources including meditations, daily inspirational messages, and remote access to therapy. We are aggressively serving black men, who have the lowest life expectancy of any adult subgroup in the US. Changing the health of black men improves their economic and social potential and will ultimately change the world.
We are Henry Health. We are here to help.
- Work closely with the executive leadership team and target users to conceptualize and design digital and print collateral
- Lead the design of graphic content, illustrations, infographics, user interfaces, animations, and web pages
- Generate fresh concepts in line with brand values and strategy
- Ensure brand consistency throughout various marketing projects
- Communicate with the executive leadership team to ensure deadlines are met
- Demonstrate a voracious appetite for learning to stay on top of industry best practices in human-centered design as well as tech-enabled wellness and teletherapy products. Regularly introduce innovative ideas and approaches to the Henry Health team as a result.
- Work collaboratively with partner organizations to develop co-branded campaigns and marketing materials
- Develop a deep understanding of Henry Health’s users to inform all product design & brand strategy efforts
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters degree, or comparable training experience in design, graphic design, Human Computer Interaction or a related field
Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a graphic designer or product designer
- Digital portfolio with examples of past work
- Fluency in English with excellent communication skills
- Preferred: Proficiency or working knowledge of UI software such as Sketch and Adobe XD
- Strong creative, design, and problem-solving skills
- Collaborative spirit and team-oriented attitude
- Attention to detail and keen interest in consistently delivering high-quality design work
- Dependable, responsible, mature individual with a pleasant personality
- Commitment to heavy communication and rapid, iterative editing
- Willingness to seek out objective critique and criticism and desire to improve based on feedback
- Ability to follow instructions and eagerness to learn new tools and techniques
- Confident self-starter able to work independently, prioritize tasks on a day-to-day basis
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with varied deadlines to ensure the timely completion of projects
Candidates based in DC, Maryland, or Virginia strongly preferred. The Henry Health Office is located at 740 15th St NW, Suite 800. Up to 30% remote work is allowed.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and access to your portfolio (with samples of your work). Please submit three references in your email: two professional and one personal.
- Part time, Full-time
- Graphic Design/Product Design: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
You need to sign up
Only Twine members can pitch on jobs.
Existing members, sign in here.