Graphic Designer 📍 Tampa, United States
Joffrey’s is actively seeking a part-time Freelance Graphic Designer to assist our Marketing division with various projects and design creatives. This is an independent contractor position (1099 employee).
Join the Joffreys Coffee & Tea Co. Team and be part of the exploding industry of consumer and B2B products for coffee & tea. Since 1984 Joffreys has been the leading specialty coffee roaster headquartered in Tampa Bay and a top-tier provider in the industry nationwide. With wholesale clients such as PDQ, Beef OBradys and our partnership as the Official Specialty of the Disney Parks & Resorts, our brand is recognized and enjoyed by guests from all over the world. Our other business segments include Military, Office Coffee and Food Service channels which continue to grow rapidly. And finally, our thriving online consumer business is off the charts as we release new roasts, origins and flavors, new packaging formats and brewing techniques for fans to enjoy at home. We are looking to add an integral member to our Joffreys family who enjoys the small company feel in a big segment. Plus, we have free AMAZING coffee brewed here daily in addition to a comprehensive benefits package.
Graphic Designer Job Description
The Graphic Designer will be responsible for creating design solutions that have high visual impact and help present our products and services to the public and our partner clients in a breakthrough way. Our projects include design works for product packaging, advertising, banners, signage, corporate communications & identity, online retailing (ecommerce), event marketing and beverage photography. There is no lack of exciting projects to work on in this fast paced and fluid environment. The Graphic Designer will demonstrate creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to feedback, time, costs, and deadlines.
- Gathers information and materials needed from designated individuals to accomplish tasks.
- Becomes familiar with Brand guidelines, images, components and overall brand identity and the guidelines of our partner companies.
- Thinks creatively to produce new ideas and concepts.
- Estimates the time and costs required to complete work.
- Conceptualizes assignments by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts as per specified media requirements. Adjusts designs and copy according to direction provided by stakeholders.
- Obtains approval of concepts by submitting rough layouts, timelines, and estimates for approval to Marketing Director, internal and/or client stakeholders.
- Maintains technical knowledge by reviewing professional publications and staying up to date on marketing and design trends, etc.
- Works successfully within time and cost constraints.
- Proofreads to ensure accurate and high-quality work.
- Works as part of a team and directly with senior management, marketing director, outside agencies and, when applicable, with external freelancers
- Create & design marketing materials that have high visual impact and help present our products and services to the public and our partner clients in a breakthrough way.
- Design and layouts for physical locations including menu boards and signage and promotional materials
- Design and/or refine corporate communications, presentations, product packaging, sales flyers and promotional elements.
- Photograph and photo editing of beverages using live materials and glassware
- Design our website and ecommerce components (HTML not required but a bonus)
- Must be proficient in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Some print management, estimates and materials selection
- Other duties as assigned. Can encompass tradeshow support, print management, vendor management or other sales and other marketing related activities.
- Bachelors degree in Graphic Design or related field.
- Collaborative work is essential with all levels of the organization.
- Mastery of the following programs on a Mac platform is required:
-HTML experience a plus.
- Strong typography, you will be working to create visually striking typography for our packaging, campaigns and sales staff.
- Strong Photography and lighting skills, specialized in beverage, food or glass products. Most of your shoots will include glassware, which is tricky to light.
- Photo-editing, retouching, blending, and masking will be necessary. Sometimes you will need to mock up non-existing products.
- Strong Adobe InDesign and Illustrator skills, you will be following industry standard software implementation. No Photoshop designers.
- Experience in packaging, print and digital graphic design.
- Creativity and flexibility to adapt to changing environments and demands.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
You need to sign up
Only Twine members can pitch on jobs.
Existing members, sign in here.