What is a creative brief?
A brief is a list of details about a job, created by clients on Twine, which provides all the information a creative needs to know in order to be hired for a job. Our creatives then use this info to create amazing deliverables to whatever specifications a client requires.
Some simple guidelines can help in the production of your creative brief –
- What is this project? (Logo Design, Video Explainer, Pitch Deck…)
- Who is it for? (Your Business, A Website, YouTube..)
- Why are we doing it? (Brand Awareness, Ad Views, Brand Awareness Etc..)
- When does it need to be done? (Turn-around will affect creatives pitching)
- Where and how will it be used? (Delivery channels, file types, Online/Offline?)
How to Write a Brief on Twine
Creatives will use the brief to check whether they’ve got the right skills for the job, so write a detailed project specification in the project description box. If they can’t work out what you need, they’ll pass you by. The more information your creative has the better job they can do. Here are some things to consider –
- Software/hardware needed
- What’s the purpose of the project? Who’s the intended audience?
Why Is Your Brief Important?
Your project brief is there to attract the best creative talent to pitch on your project. It’s the very first contact your creative will have with you, so make a good first impression. Treat it like an advert and sell yourself and your project. Make sure they choose your project and not someone else’s.
- Attract talent by creating a great first impression
- Clear & concise details for creative to easily follow
- Treat it like an advert; you want the best for your company!
Twine Helps You Write Your Brief
On Twine we make writing a project brief quick and easy. All you have to do is fill in a few details about your project and you’re good to go. Your brief is posted up on our project briefs page (see image above) and creatives can pitch to be involved.
You can message all the creatives who pitch in your project, who can help you further refine your brief.We also offer a concierge service where a member of the Team team will help you write your project brief and make sure it is as clear and persuasive as possible.
Once you’ve written the perfect brief, find out how to choose the right creative.
Need more help? Why not check out these example briefs:
More from Twine
Latest posts by Vicky (see all)
- How to write the perfect brief - October 18, 2017
- Why Agencies Often Fail to Deliver High Quality Content - June 26, 2017
- Crowdfunding Startups: Capital - June 15, 2017