George D. Stănciulescu (b. 4.10. 1982) is a Romanian electronic music producer, DJ and digital music theorist. George is a graduated psychologist (2006) with a BA thesis exploring the relation between colour preferences and career choice , MA in Cultural Management and a PhD in philosophy of digital music and new media (2012) . He also specialized in Paris ( in 2010 and 2011 at IDEAT and Sorbonne University), under the guidance of French professor and composer of Romanian origin Costin Miereanu. The book version of his doctoral thesis, entitled “Postmodern and digimodern music. Philosophical perspectives”, was published by Musical Editions, with an introduction by Romanian composer and professor Octavian Nemescu.
He is also an electroacustic and experimental music composer and producer since 2005, under the monikers Ad Ombra, LeVant and BLYPKEN, noted for being artistically diverse in style, from electro/dance-pop to avant-garde music. He has released 5 albums, 5 EPs and performed around 40 live shows & DJ sets in 14 countries, having notable mentions in publications such as Tiny Mix Tapes, VICE, UPPROX, NTS Radio, Side-Line Magazine and many others.
Website: https://www.twine.fm/signin (includes more information abut the artistic activity)
Technical skills & abilities:
- extended abilities on Pioneer CDJs and digital software such as Serato, Traktor, Virtual DJ , Ableton Live.
Core strengths for the job:
- extroverted, energetic, flexible, high level of audience receptivity, vast musical culture and advanced understanding of music in all forms, contexts and styles.
- due to the prolonged experience both with music and psychology, can easily adapt from underground dance parties to easy-listening sets with Billboard Top 40 charted tunes, evergreens, lounge hits.
- graduated the MA Studio DJ course (may -july 2015), with DJ Raoul Russu, Bucharest. https://www.twine.fm/signin
- PhD in Philosophy of Music & Digital Media (2012)
Relevant DJ activity:
2007-2009 : XS Club & Hand Club, resident DJ at “Crimson” events Iasi, Romania
2009 : Brendan Perry (Dead Can Dance) “Neo-Noir” guest DJ at the concert’s afterparty at Indie Club, Bucharest.
2013: International Festival of Literature FILIT Iasi- resident daytime DJ between September 13-18, Iasi/Ro…
2016: Witte Gallery Bucharest, private DJ sessions (corporate parties) & Open Gallery Night public show.
2017: Hybrid Party, DJ set b2b Frederick Sugden (Loose Lips, London), Meru Cafe, Iasi.
2018: OFF Events, New Year’s Eve full night lounge room DJ set, Paris.
2019: Ex Mattatoio, Live Performers Meeting afterparty, Rome
DJ Mixtapes :
https://www.twine.fm/signin (own tracks mix set)