Graphic Designer in Rockland, MA, USA
EMD Serono is seeking a Contract Graphic Designer responsible for creating compelling Corporate Communications content across a variety of media. This is a part-time (20 hour per week) role located in our Rockland, MA office with work from home flexibility.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
The Contract Graphic Designer candidate should have excellent design sense, superb organizational skills and work collaboratively within the Corporate Communications team. This role has a sharp eye for visual detail and understands various mediums such as video, digital, social media, print and more. This role will employ imagination and originality (within our brand guidelines) to help craft an array of company-related communication materials that ensure a consistent, reliable and recognizable company tone and brand. This role will interface with senior members of our North American leadership team and must be comfortable in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
EMD Serono is the biopharmaceutical business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, in the U.S. and Canada - is engaged in the discovery, research and development of medicines for patients with difficult to treat diseases. The business is committed to transforming lives by developing and delivering meaningful solutions that help address the therapeutic and support needs of individual patients. Building on a proven legacy and deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, EMD Serono is developing potential new oncology and immuno-oncology medicines while continuing to explore potential therapeutic options for diseases such as psoriasis, lupus and multiple sclerosis. Today, the business has approximately 1,300 employees around the country with commercial, clinical and research operations based in the company’s home state of Massachusetts.
Purpose of the Role:
- This role works in tandem with members of the Corporate Communications department and the North American Leadership Team on various projects and strategic initiatives, such as:
- Internal Communications
- Leadership Powerpoint Presentations
- Design for Intranet Site (SharePoint)
- Advertisements & campaigns for Internal Events
- Patient Stories
- External Communications
- Social Media Posts
- Advertisements for Community Events (Community Service Day, MS Bike ride, etc.)
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with team to deliver content that is consistent with the agreed upon strategy, and in accordance with the brand guidelines and creative vision
- Design for multiple mediums, including: video, website, social media, PPT and print
- Execute creative ideas based on input from US Leadership team and Corporate Communications
- Collaborate with partners to share job status, feedback and recommendations.
- Efficiently manage and complete all work on time, escalating issues as necessary.
- Bring solutions, ideas, and executional considerations to team members to improve results.
- Actively contribute new, creative ideas that will help keep our communications interesting and engaging.
- Ensure appropriate QA and proofing processes are implemented on all work
- Maintain and keep an organized file system and backing up files accordingly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Arts, Communications, Advertising, Marketing, or related field from a 4-year college, university or design school
- 2-3 years’ professional experience working in creative video and content production; or within marketing design teams or agencies.
- Proficient in Adobe CC Apps
- Ability to work on Mac platform and programs, and exposure to Windows and cross-platform compatibility
- Comprehension of visual aesthetics for application for video, web and print
- Ability to independently manage simultaneous projects in an organized manner
- Must be a fast and efficient worker and able to juggle many projects and deadlines at once
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to understand and effectively deliver projects for clients
- Thorough understanding of creative process, as well as interactive, digital design and video storytelling.
- Well-developed creative and imaginative capacity applicable to branding, marketing, and production
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical or medical industry is ideal, but not required
- Proficient in various motion graphics apps such as Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Compressor, Media Encoder, etc.
- Basic video editing experience and support
- Experience with SharePoint
- Video Editing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Graphic Design: 1 year (Preferred)
EMD Serono is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%