Digital Producer - Freelance in Boston, MA, USA
- Temporary / Per Diem / Freelance
- Boston, MA
CBS Television Stations consists of 29 owned-and-operated stations, including 16 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates. Among its stations are WCBS-TV and WLNY-TV (New York), KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV (Los Angeles), WBBM-TV (Chicago), KYW-TV and WPSG-TV (Philadelphia), KTVT-TV and KTXA-TV (Dallas-Ft. Worth), KPIX-TV and KBCW-TV (San Francisco), WBZ-TV and WSBK-TV (Boston), WUPA-TV (Atlanta), WWJ-TV and WKBD-TV (Detroit), KSTW-TV (Seattle), WTOG-TV (Tampa-St. Petersburg), WCCO-TV (Minneapolis), KCNC-TV (Denver), WFOR-TV and WBFS-TV (Miami), KOVR-TV and KMAX-TV (Sacramento), KDKA-TV and WPCW-TV (Pittsburgh), WJZ-TV (Baltimore), as well as WCCO-TV’s satellite stations KCCO-TV (Alexandria, Minn.) and KCCW-TV (Walker, Minn.).
CBSBoston Digital Producers are expected to apply the below concepts in the following parts of their job:
Work with WBZ-TV newsroom to produce compelling multi-media news experiences for the digital consumer. This is an editorial position with a heavy emphasis on news writing.
Recognize and produce compelling video content into multimedia posts for CBS Boston.
Clear communication, teamwork, and attention to detail are essential.
Execute effective, company compliant messaging on Social Media, text and email platforms
Program website section fronts to engage digital consumers.
Make sure all daily content production is optimized using SEO strategies
Track daily digital analytics and respond accordingly.
- CBS Boston is seeking an experienced, part-time digital media producer to work with our fast-paced news team. This is an editorial position. The ideal candidate has unwavering news judgment, strong news writing and copy editing background.
- Candidates must be detail oriented and work well under pressure to meet demanding deadlines.
- Prior experience in a newspaper, online, radio or television newsroom is a must.
- This job requires a flexible schedule and includes working weekends and evenings.
- CBS Boston digital media producers must possess a thorough understanding of online audience habits and audience acquisition strategies, including but not limited to:
- How to use SEO strategies in building headlines, stories, multimedia posts, etc.
- How to produce compelling social media posts with strong engagement rates.
- Strong digital headline writing
- Successful execution of visual strategies to program compelling modules and section fronts.
- Understanding of basic web analytics and how to apply them
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page