Freelance Editor in Deerfield Beach, FL, USA 🌎
BrandStar is looking for a freelance Editor to work on short term contracts for post-production. The Editors role is to transform raw footage filmed on the set/field for television shows into a polished final product for broadcast. The ideal candidate has experience working as a Pre-editor, is creative and can mix video footage with music, sound effects, audio, and special effects. The editor will be expected to take the raw footage from the narration, interviews, reenactments and stock footage and effectively edit them into a creative story that showcases participant brands. The editor organizes and creates video projects which follow a script, story, or concept, and further evolves those assets as necessary to engage, entertain, or inform viewership. They are responsible for the majority of the post-production process, and their editorial decisions determine how the story is told, ultimately molding the audience’s experience. In addition, editor may be called on to help ideate in the pre-production stage of a program in order to help develop and execute vision for a particular segment or show. The Editor will be responsible for finalizing and proof reading the final edit.
Editors require creativity, the ability to work well with others and organizational skills. The editor must have computer-savvy and extensive knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects and Photoshop. Moreover, he/she must be able to adapt to rapidly changing technology. Successful TV editors also need a vivid imagination, artistic eye, and creative mindset. Oftentimes raw footage is of poor quality but necessary to the final product and a successful TV editor must be resourceful enough to rescue it. A solid understanding of storytelling techniques, good communication skills, and the ability to work well under deadlines are also necessities.
OVERVIEW OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enhances editorial department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- The fundamental role of a Temporary Contractor/ Consultant is to provide support to full time and freelance staff as needed.
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Organize, log and sync video footage.
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of film.
- Input music, dialogue, graphics and effects.
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running.
- Perform color correction and other image enhancements.
- Mix audio tracks.
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Keep up to date on all BrandStar used hardware and software toolsets.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 3 plus years of proven work experience in video editing.
- Experience using protocols a plus.
- Solid experience with Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects and Photoshop.
- Must be an exceptional project manager.
- Effective communicator organized and detail oriented.
- Highly collaborative and adaptable.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page