Front-end Developer in London, UK
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
You will be a key player in the development of innovative, high quality front end solutions for our clients. You will work very closely with server-side developers, UX, design and QA teams to generate elegant solutions to complex challenges and create great user interfaces built on the latest technologies.
- Hands on front-end coding (ES6, SASS), producing modular, testable code
- Solution design involving other agency disciplines including UX & creative designers
- Website and feature development alongside server-side developers
- Working with server-side developers to plan the code architecture
- Breakdown and estimation of tasks in an agile way
- Working with QA and testing teams
Skills and Experience
- We’re looking for a strong mix of development skills, and would expect you to be able to tick most or all of these boxes:
- Experience with React or similar (e.g. Inferno, Vue)
- An understanding of responsive design techniques for mobile, tablet and beyond
- Third party APIs, such as Google Maps integration
- An appreciation of tooling such as npm, Gulp and Webpack
- Commercial experience building for CMS sites (we use Sitecore and Umbraco) Design & Business requirements
- A good eye for design and a real passion for interaction design
- An excellent ability to communicate your ideas and work with others to make them happen
- An appreciation of business requirements and usability principles
- Excellent attention to detail
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role
- Agile development team experience
- Must be personable, friendly and work well in a team
- Enthusiastic about the web and emerging web technologies
If you think you’d be a good fit, we’d love to hear from you. Note that you may be required to undergo a technical test as part of the recruitment process. We appreciate client confidentiality, however if you can include examples of your work such as live client projects you’ve worked on and any personal projects on GitHub, GitLab or BitBucket that would really help.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page