Designer in London, UK
Freelance Designer – 4 days a week based at Karmel Foods Limited Head Office (London).
Do you have bags of creativity and a keen eye for design? Fancy bringing your design ideas and expertise to life with a leading food and lifestyle brand within the parenting arena? This is an unmissable opportunity to work with the UK’s leading name in children’s food.
Annabel Karmel is a leading food & lifestyle brand founded by leading baby and children’s food expert and entrepreneur Annabel Karmel, MBE.
Renowned within the food and parenting arena, the brand is seeking a talented designer to support across digital, social, offline and packaging design.
As the sole in-house designer for the business, this is a unique and varied role that requires an exceptional candidate who is well versed in managing design projects, taking briefs from and working into the wider marketing team.
You will have strong control over the design output of the brand, and thrive on working across a wide variety of design briefs simultaneously. You’ll enjoy working within a small, dynamic marketing team and be able to put your creative hand to all in-house design jobs.
- Meet design briefs to a high standard, providing strong creative input to help bring ideas and campaigns to fruition.
- Lead on the brands continued journey to create a distinct, ownable style for all marketing creatives (on and offline), contributing to brainstorms and ideation sessions.
- Digital design; email campaigns, social media posts, creative downloadable assets for marketing / PR, designing screens for branded apps, banner ads and testing creative banners for web.
- Offline design; print advertising, banners, flyers, brochures, artwork for exhibition stands, menus
- Creating first-class design assets for 3rd party brand partnerships. You’ll be well versed in creative projects which require dual branding
Creative lead on packaging design projects; seeing projects through from initial idea to print, liaising with printers and third parties where necessary.
Lead on the ongoing evolvement of the company’s branding / brand guidelines.
Candidates will demonstrate:
- High standards in Adobe Creative Suite (In Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver).
- Basic HTML / CSS coding skills and a good understanding of web design standards, and knowledge of Mailchimp to assist with the build of database emails.
- Knowledge and expertise in designing for all social platforms.
- Excellent communication and listening skills to effectively interpret a briefs.
- First rate organisational and time management skills to cope with multiple design projects in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to turnaround design work for ad hoc jobs quickly and to a high standard.
- Strong ability to work unaccompanied (albeit feeding into the marketing division) and manage own workload effectively and efficiently.
- A passion for consumer brands, with a particular interest in working within the food and parenting arena.
Experience in any of the following would be highly desirable although not a necessity;
- Designing for app
- Packaging design
- Photography and video / video editing
- Branding and working to brand guidelines would be of benefit.
- A minimum of 3 years design experience
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK with existing fixed UK address
- Availability to start the role on 4th February 2019
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%