Mobiquity is a digital engagement provider for more than 200 of the world’s leading brands. We are a collective of consultants, designers, developers, cloud advisors, and data scientists - spread across 3 continents and 9 offices - who create compelling digital experiences to help clients show they care to the people who matter most - their consumers, patients, and employees.
As a VUI Designer, you care about meaning and its impact. Meaning as expressed through words and content, and how they are arranged and presented with an interactive experience between a brand and a consumer. You also want to be on the cutting edge of human-computer interactions and have the experience necessary to help guide our voice strategy service within the IoT space.
In your role as VUI Designer, you will lead, define, and drive the creation of multi-modal voice experiences enabled by platforms such as Amazon Alexa, Siri, and Google Home, including Alexa skills and Chatbots. Your goal will be to establish language models, voice interactions and content standards for a variety of brands, across many industry verticals such as healthcare, consumer goods and financial. You will help set the vision for spoken dialogues and facilitate cohesive, useful and delightful conversations between brands and consumers.
You must be extremely proactive and a pragmatic visionary, because you will regularly find yourself in uncharted territory where the key to your success will be to get ahead of the curve. You must be a collaborator, and will be working side-by-side with developers in an agile environment to bring your voice experiences to life. And most important, you must excel at conceptualizing spoken and multi-modal experiences, writing interactive dialogue and driving that vision into a successful go-to-market product. You will work with a high-energy, cross-functional team, to create best-in-class experiences for innovative consumer products.
- Own the vision and final delivery of the voice experience and interactions for a given product or account.
- Ensure tactical execution to drive cohesive narratives across all digital touch points within the experience (and work with marketing and operations on touch points outside the experience).
- Develop spoken dialogue for voice experiences that ensures a seamless brand voice across written and spoken channels; as well as document and tune speak patterns, grammars and utterances to build natural language models for virtual assistants.
- Produce language prompts, user flows, voice prototypes, and detailed VUI design specifications such as voice interaction diagrams and voice flow maps.
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, prototypers, product managers, and engineers to define requirements. Manage projects and stakeholders.
- Validate models and interaction with end users, stakeholders and in concert with quality assurance.
- Evaluate usability and audio consistency of dialog flows and recommend design changes and optimizations as needed to enhance the experience
- Speak authoritatively on concepts of spoken interaction design in daily iterations with product managers, engineers, and testers
- Create and maintain voice design guidelines, reference artifacts, and resources to assist in the development of Mobiquity’s Voice Interface Design practice
- Develop and evangelize voice user interface design best practices and processes
- Act as a subject matter expert for user experience writing.
- Help coordinate translations, improve writing tools and processes, format documents, and generally lend a hand as needed to produce world-class software and hardware products.
- Write clear, concise user-interface text for digital experiences spanning mobile applications, websites, push notification campaigns and more.
- You understand the mechanics and nuisances of both written and spoken language
- BA/BS degree in Human-Computer interaction, Linguistics, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant experience designing web or voice applications.
- Experience in designing and tuning directed dialog and natural language speech grammars.
- Experience working closely with engineering and product management teams as part of the software development process.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Enjoy working closely with teammates from a variety of disciplines.
- Knowledge of online technology and related technology and products.
- Superb writing, editing, and project management skills.
- Unwavering attention to detail.
- Background in script writing, creative writing, virtual assistants, or game design is a plus.
- Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment.
Everyone brings their unique experience and skillset to the table and provides value in different ways. So be you. Be a team player. Ask for help. Strive to have the right questions instead of the right answers. Step outside of your comfort zone. Keep pushing forward.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%