Instructional Designer - Remote
Due to our continuing success, we are looking for a Freelance Instructional Designer that can support our internal teams on as needs basis/project to project. The ideal candidate must have experience in eLearning and Blended Learning.
Is this you:
- Are you able to create engaging scripts for e-learning and ILT courses?
- Can you take a client-provided source and bring true storytelling to the learner experience?
- Do you know the difference between information and instruction?
- Do you know how to write a good practice activity?
- Can you bring real value to the scripting process, taking ownership of the curriculum design?
- Create engaging scripts for e-learning and classroom learning, using materials provided by Learning Managers and clients.
- Manage edits to scripts and courseware. Scripts, course materials, and courses will undergo and track internal and external review process.
- Recommend appropriate instructional method(s) based on content analysis and proposal.
- Create supplemental materials, like scripts (for audio, video, animations) and asset lists.
- Support Learning Managers, as needed, on the design and development of projects. This may include brainstorming, attending meetings, analyzing source materials, developing outlines, sourcing images, etc.
- Create training materials that meet instructional design principles and customer requirements.
- Develop project material on time and to the highest quality.
Required skills set:
- Demonstrate a passion for learning.
- Engage the audience on an emotional level.
- Absorb mass amounts of content in a short period of time and filter out only what’s relevant.
- Weave newly absorbed information into a story that learners will find meaningful.
- Visualize oneself as the learner.
- Write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts, and video scripts.
- Brainstorm with Senior Instructional Designers and Subject Matter Experts, if necessary.
- Make independent and sound instructional design decisions during scripting.
- Visualize the finished course and how graphic instructions will be interpreted.
- Balance creativity with practicality, time, templates, language barriers.
- Show willingness to ask the right questions.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%