Lead Experience Designer in Huntington Beach, CA, USA
We are seeking a Lead Experience Designer to join our growing User Experience (UX) team in our Huntington Beach, California office. The Lead Experience Designer will focus on conceiving leading- edge digital experiences and architecting experiences that drive long-term customer value for our clients across existing and new digital channels where opportunities exist. They will work primarily on premium automotive clients but may also help with digital transformation at the agency.
Reporting to the Director, User Experience, the Lead Experience Designer will foster the growth of our UX team, agency and clients into new areas of opportunity. They will collaboratively implement best practices that lead to effective user-focused solutions. They will work closely alongside diverse teams including UX, Research, Creative, Production, Data Science, Media, Account and Strategy. Additionally, they will collaborate with 3rd party vendors, contractors and client teams at various points throughout projects.
- Collaboratively manage, support and approve Information Architecture and User Experience tasks facilitated by the team.
- Maintain directional alignment by working closely with Director, User Experience.
- Partners with Creative, UX, and Product/Service Design teams and clients to investigate ideas and prototype the most effective user experiences possible.
- Presents design recommendations based on all available information and best practices to internal teams, as well as clients.
- Creates and supports digital experiences required for thorough user testing.
- Assists in prototyping for web, email, social, voice, chat, digital installations, blockchain, VR/ AR/MR, AI and connected TV digital experiences.
- Effective verbal and visual presentation of UX and technology concepts to internal and client teams.
- Collaboration with many internal departments, agency partners, vendors, clients, and most importantly, users.
- Always advocates the voice of the user and uses data to inform, create and present deliverables.
- Develops interfaces for multiple client applications, products and campaign sites.
- Assists with the creation of style guides and interactive design assets such as components, icons, buttons and more.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of diverse experience in the digital space with an emphasis on digital experiences (web, app, products, etc.).
- Automotive experience strongly desired.
- Both agency and startup experience absolutely required.
- Demonstrated experience in hand coding HTML5 and CSS3 and other modern technologies, and/or has strong understanding of capabilities and limitations on related, applicable mediums.
- A diverse and comprehensive range of expertise in current technologies and design practices.
- Experimentation or experience with bleeding edge solutions such as AI (Machine Learning), AR, VR, MR, Voice, Chat, and/or Blockchain.
- Experience with hyper-personalization approaches.
- A professional portfolio of work showing experience creating user-centered designs.
- An understanding of modern web development, app development and development environments.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills required.
- A drive to always do better work.
- A never-ending desire to make users, our agency and our clients successful.
- An amazing personality that excites our teams and drives loyalty.
- An evangelist that always represents user needs first.
- A diverse and comprehensive range of expertise in visually-focused digital best practices, related technologies, information architecture and design best practices.
- Ability to represent modern and efficient approaches to success through tools, frameworks, and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred [minimum] with emphasis on UX, CX, SX, UCD or equivalent experience.
Where we work: located in the heart of Huntington Beach, overlooking the HB Pier. Ocean view, on-site cafe with barista, weekly Happy Hour, catered breakfast every Friday.
- Fun and fast-paced agency environment
- Be part of a close-knit and exciting team & growing agency
- Discounted Medical, Dental and Vision Premiums after 60 Days
- 401k Program
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%