Principal Software Developer - Remote in Collingwood VIC,Australia
As Atlassian and our Jira Service Desk product continue to grow, we’re focused on finding new ways to open opportunities for people to join our team—regardless of location. Heading into 2019, we are building a small, fully remote team of developers, designers, and product management that will own a key part of the customer experience for Atlassian’s fastest growing product. Being a part of the broader Jira Service Desk team, this particular remote team will have a defined scope of work and the autonomy needed to ship value to our customers.
As part of this team, you’ll work with modern technologies to continue advancing the accessibility of Jira Service Desk outside of IT teams as we pursue our mission to unleash the potential in every team.
With the majority of development for Jira Service Desk happening in our Sydney headquarters, our goal is to find people within a 6-hour timezone overlap of Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) to allow for virtual meetings as needed.
As we continue to grow and evolve, we plan to continue exploring ways to create opportunities outside of the metro areas where we have offices. Joining this team means you’ll help to define the future of remote working at Atlassian.
Aside from strong technical prowess including hands-on coding ability, you’ll have a deep understanding of architecture and an ability to foresee and plan for changes. You’ll get to translate your deep technical skills to influence other developers, product managers and senior managers to ensure the team understands the vision, is on-board with it, and is moving towards achieving the product’s ongoing goals. With the rapidly changing software industry, you’ll be constantly learning and improving your own skills and knowledge, which will ultimately help to grow our products and advance humanity through the power of software.
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have
- Extensive background in full-stack development, SOA architectures, API design, networking, internet topology, and virtualization
- Deep understanding of software construction and integration patterns and high-availability, fault-tolerant, and scalable systems
- Principled but pragmatic approach to decision-making, have stellar written and verbal communication abilities and experience as a public speaker
- Loves for teaching others coupled with an excitement to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done
- Strong interpersonal and communication abilities, with the ability to influence the engineering teams towards a united vision and goal
More about our benefits
- Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
- Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who’s who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%