Graphic Designer in Waterloo, ON,Canada
Do you have creative flair and vision?
We are looking for graphic designers to join our growing team of marketing professionals, writers and designers. Graphic designers are responsible for conceptualization and implementation of design of products and activities that meet marketing strategies from concept to completion. Successful candidates will bring to the role a range of technical skills and the passion to create and execute fresh design solutions with high visual impact.
Come join us and put your knowledge and understanding of the design world and digital and social media to work!
- Use your knowledge of printing procedures, photography, illustration and verbal and written communication to create new and original designs from scratch for brands based on client specification, needs and brand image
- Create and maintain files for all creative assets and resources, such as software, art materials, and special fonts, which are needed for record keeping and referencing
- Evaluate and manage production resources to enhance high productivity and allocations
- Facilitate product campaigns and marketing via emails, microsites and other landing pages to boost client to customer interactions
- Liaise with other members of the graphic design team to maximize creativity and excellence in performance and delivery
- Supervise and/or collaborate on projects to ensure that all materials ordered arrive upon agreed time and are in good shape to obtain maximum results
- Work with graphic designer colleagues to create concepts, comps, layouts and final art.
- Consistently provide support to the rest of the team
Education and Experience
- 3+ years advertising/marketing agency experience working with traditional and digital media
- University or College Degree (preferably in graphic design)
- High level of proficiency in In-Design/Photoshop/Illustrator
- Knowledge of other Adobe CS suite of programmes
- Capable of making long or short videos quickly
- Web development knowledge and experience (HTML, CSS, CMS, Wordpress)
- Experience working to a brief and deadline; and existing brand guidelines
- Knowledge of best practices and specs for traditional and digital advertising (including social media)
- Ability to effectively manage workflow in a fast paced environment
- Self-motivated to maintain and improve design standards; has a strong sense of classical design skills (typography and colours)
- Willing to listen to feedback and incorporate suggestions in order to improve
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
This role is open to candidates interested in full-time and freelance opportunities and can be based in St. Jacob’s or Toronto.
Thank you for your consideration, those that are selected will be contacted for a discussion.
- Full-time, Contract, Freelance, Permanent
- graphic design: 3 years (Preferred)
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%