Account Manager/Senior Account Manager in London, UK
M&C Saatchi Sport & Entertainment is an award winning 75 strong creative communications agency.
We connect brands to their audiences via the things people love, their passions. We specialise in integrated comms, PR, branded content creation, social and digital solutions and event production across the sport, entertainment and lifestyle sectors.
Our agency philosophy - Brutal Simplicity of Thought, is at the heart of everything we do. Ensuring that we create impact for our clients through the things people love.
We believe that we have the best client roster in the business, including the likes of Reebok, O2, Ballantine’s, Coca-Cola, Samsung, NatWest and Jameson. We do everything we can to ensure that our work drives their brand forwards and engages audiences in an impactful way.
Our work has been awarded across the board, including recent accolades from Sport Industry Awards, Campaign Big Awards, The Lovie Awards and Event Awards.
Our ethos is, as ever, brutally simple – we only employ brilliant people who do brilliant work and are brilliant to work with. We sell ideas, and ideas come from people. So, we need the best and most brilliant minds to ensure we continue to deliver truly brilliant work for our clients. It is our belief that brilliant work can only be achieved with diversity of minds and thought, and an inclusive culture that allows everyone to bring their true selves to work. Because when people have the permission to be themselves, they will bring their very best selves. This sense of authenticity and commitment to our work is what makes us brilliant to work with, and the reason we have so many brilliant clients.
We take time to recruit the brightest minds in the business and invest greatly in their development making sure that they constantly progress.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
What this Role Entails
We are looking for an exceptional Account Manager with a passion for all things sport & culture, but a particular interest in cricket & football to join our sport division. Working with some of the world’s largest brands and high-profile sponsorships, as an Account Manager on the sport team, you are responsible for the efficient day-to-day management of your accounts. You are the central component in the team, ensuring the smooth running of all campaigns and you display strong skills in both managing up to AD’s and down to AE’s.
You are responsible for driving your accounts forward and you are always one step ahead, managing the overall workload ensuring all deliverables are completed on time and to a high standard. You demonstrate a clear passion for the sport industry.
- Ensure that accounts are run as smoothly as possible
- Day-to-day contact with your clients
- Being the central ‘cog’ in your team to ensure actions are identified and completed in a timely manner
- Ensure that the client always feels they are getting the best, most professional service possible
- Provide informed counsel to clients
- Viewed by clients and peers as a trusted member of the team
- Understanding of how to manage rights as part of sponsorship agreements
- Ability to liaise with both clients and rights-holder to ensure the smooth delivery of sponsorship’s
Can Do Attitude:
- Positive, proactive and solutions driven – always think one step ahead
- Responsibility and accountability on accounts - taking ownership and being accountable for day to day operations
Marketing and PR:
- Complete understanding and relevant experience within the role of PR, sponsorship and marketing and how it shapes our deliverables
- Understanding of integrated campaigns and cross-discipline ideas
- Understanding of how to interrogate and answer a brief creatively and how to position and articulate ideas to the client with clear strategic thinking
- Have strong knowledge of media, especially in relation to the specific needs of your client
- Build quality relationships with key media across all relevant clients
- Manage and drive rich editorial opportunities including exclusives, interviews and features
- Continually monitor media for all client coverage and articles of interest
Be aware of all coverage from initial sell in to delivery and oversee the reporting process
Initiative and Problem Solving:
- Develop the ability to identify and solve problems before your AD’s or clients do (when highlighting a problem always have a view of what a solution might be)
- Always think ahead and have your clients and brands front of mind
Be proactive in spotting opportunities
- Display strong working relationships with your team
- Display strong relationships with clients, both in terms of rapport and respect - The client should trust your opinion and counsel
- Document and presentation writing skills should be strong – you should deliver relevant, quality work of a high standard
- You should be developing your physical presentation skills and building confidence in competently talking clients through a document or pitching an idea
- You should be able to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing throughout internal and client facing comms
Social and Digital Media:
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of social media platforms and the digital landscape
- Develop an understanding of emerging technology and its potential use in marketing
- Monitor both client and competitor channels on a regular basis
- Provide strategic counsel to the client based on their social objectives
- Manage the reporting process, including drawing key insights to inform strategic recommendations
- Understanding of social media analytics
- Ability to develop content-led ideas
Experiential and Activations:
- Work to ensure that campaign activations are delivered on time and within budget, flagging early any issues or concerns to AD’s
- Build skills and confidence to plan, organise and manage events, including co-ordinating: venues, invitations, guestlists, press materials, managing suppliers etc.
- Ability to work ‘on the ground’ at sports events
Budgets and Reports:
- Oversee status reports and ensure that they are delivered to the client on time
- Responsible for ensuring that budgets are correct and are being effectively managed
Management of AE’s:
- Keep all members of the team up-to-date with account work and ensure that regular internal status meetings are arranged, keeping your AD’s informed
- Give clear guidance and constant feedback
- Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%