Social Media Specialist in Miami, FL, USA
About Our Crew
- Boats Group is the fastest-growing digital business in the recreational boating space. We operate the world’s largest and most popular marketplaces for boats and yachts: Boat Trader, YachtWorld, boats.com and CosasDeBarcos. Even as the #1 destination for more than 65 million boat shoppers every year, we are always innovating. We are a talented team of techies, creatives, marketers, closers and customer advocates who spend each day pushing the boundaries of technology to make buying and selling boats easy.
Our passion and unyielding dedication to getting people on the water influence our culture in ways you won’t find at other companies. We’re the best at what we do because we’re working in an industry we love. When you walk through our doors, you’ll find smart, dedicated people who consider one another family.
We work hard. We move fast. We push each other to be the best. And we spend each day surrounded by 500,000 boats from across the globe.
If you want to work in an inclusive, fast paced environment where we encourage employees to collaborate, leverage their talents and actively shape the future of the company, then you will enjoy working here!
About The Role
- Boats Group is looking for an energetic, creative, and highly motivated individual to join our marketing team and help take our content and social media to the next level. If you love boating and are excited by the opportunity to get out on the water, build relationships in the marine industry and lead the creation of high quality content, then this is the role for you. The ideal candidate has experience running a social media program, has worked with both shooting and editing video and is passionate about creating awesome content.
Who You Are
- Absolutely loves boating and getting out on the water and wants to share that passion with the largest boating audiences in the world.
- Usually the life of the party, you have an infectious personality and aren’t afraid of bringing that personality on camera.
- A creative thinker able to propose ideas that go beyond the status quo
- Passionate about the creation of content with an understanding of how tone of voice and storytelling generate engagement through video and social media.
- A great communicator with the ability to visualize the “big picture” and the focus and drive to follow through and make it a reality.
- You have a strong eye for design and an attention to detail that allows you to effectively manage the creative process, whether working on a project independently or with a freelancer.
What You’ll Do
- Take our strategic vision for video at Boats Group and help transform it into a main source of content on our website and social media
- Capture high quality video using various devices such as drones, digital cameras and cell phones; edit for distribution on our website(s) and social media
- Manage multiple freelance videographers to execute shoots and production
- Help lead the storyboarding and scripting of video shoots
- Manage all 3 of our brands on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter and build them into the leading source of boating content in the recreational boating industry
- Help build an identity for each brand that reflects the appropriate voice and tone, establishing clear a unique position in the market
- Host live videos and engage with our audience on a regular basis
- Manage and schedule all posts, and monitor comments for any that require a response
- Analyze data to identify trends, behaviors and opportunities that exist within our social audience
- Produce SEO optimized copy for our video pages and short social focused articles
- Coordinate with our team of freelancers to obtain reviews and expert articles
- Conduct final copyediting (grammar, styling, mechanics) of all articles
- Complete CMS (Wordpress) preparation, scheduling and publishing of all articles
- Serve as direct contact with Sales teams for planning of Sponsored Content
- Serve as direct contact between Editorial & Client for approval of Sponsored Content
-Partnerships and Events
- Establish and manage content partnerships with brands in the marine industry
- Coordinate Content team presence at boat shows
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience capturing high quality photographs and video with digital cameras, drones and cell phones
- Comfortable being on camera, especially in a live environment
- Previous experience working with videographers and managing a shoot
- Proficient with using Adobe Creative Cloud applications to edit and produce high quality video/photos
- Experience working with audio in live environments to ensure it is suitable for production
- Experience storyboarding and scripting a video shoot
- Managing a brand on social media and growing a social following
- Able to analyze project requirements and provide accurate turnaround timelines
- Can understand and analyze data to identify opportunities
- Basic understanding of SEO and its relation to content
- Exceptional communication and writing skills to produce high-quality, educational content
- Experience using Wordpress or other CMS systemsWilling to travel up to 20%
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page