Product Designer in Charlotte, NC, USA 🌎
Seeking a freelance Product Designer out of our North Carolina office. The ideal candidate is an experience designer and design thinker who can simultaneously think both strategically and tactically, with the ability to distill insights from research and leverage (and/or enhance/optimize) an existing design system to rapidly create high-fidelity screens – not wireframes per se, but straight to comps. People with a strong understanding of brand but a focus on usability. Product Designers are familiar with the E2E product development and design process, know the limitations and capabilities of the given platform, but can work quickly and collaboratively with the product manager and product engineers in a multi-disciplinary fashion to work through a backlog in conjunction with the established sprint cadence. Product Designers should understand the benefits of a design system, be able to leverage a design system manager that can allow for easy translation of UI elements to code snippets, and maintain as short a distance as possible between design and development.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
- Mid or Senior-level creative who has chops in UI design and can work well with CD’s
- Digitally-focused design portfolio with an understanding of UX flows
- Experience working with scalable design systems that are on-brand
- Requires little hand-holding and can self-manage
- Seasoned designer working within a robust team environment consisting of UX, product, and developers
- Able to iterate in a fast-paced environment
- Communicative and presentation skills
- Accepts and provides constructive feedback
- Work across a wide range of design projects. Work closely with creative and project managers to ensure day-to-day deliverables are met.
- Own the work and manage time appropriately to meet established deadlines
- Independently lead work to bring clarity and solutions
- Responsible for executing solid interactive designs that innovate, answer the brief and delight our clients
- Find ways to make complex information and interactions as simple as possible
- Absorb, adapt and convey brand aesthetic
- Develop high quality visual assets, then refine these into complete, functional design systems
- Articulate and present thoughts, creative and innovative ideas
- Be able to sketch ideas and interactions.
- Concepting skills are an added bonus.
- Develop visual hierarchies and effectively visualize key concepts.
- Package up assets for delivery when needed.
- Works well as a team member of a large account, understanding how an interactive team operates and what is expected in critiques and team meetings.
- Research and preparation of presentation materials.
- Experience using techniques such as motion and transitions to fine-tune an interaction design
- Experience working in agile, collaborative environments
- Experience working within modern product development workflows
- Comfort with formal presentations to design and business teams
- 5+ years experience with strong, diverse portfolio with examples of digital UI experiences is a MUST
- High attention to detail in their work.
- Contemporary design style (staying up to date with current design trends)
- Work is heavy in web/mobile/responsive web design
- Must know Sketch
- Experience high-fidelity prototyping tools such as Framer, Principle
- Experience with collaboration tools such as Jira, Slack
- Passionate about understanding (and keeping the team and clients in formed about) current and emerging UX/UI trends.
- A sensibility for the role animation and transitions play in a user experience
- Some experience of user research and usability testing would be a bonus
- Experience in financial services, in particular with wealth management
- Sketch, Principle, Adobe CC (Photoshop/Illustrator)
- Entry level
- DesignArt/CreativeInformation Technology
- Marketing and AdvertisingInformation Technology and ServicesInternet
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page