Front End Developer in Leeds, UK 🌎
- Leeds City Council
Communities & Environment
Team Customer Access & Welfare
- Fixed Term Appointment
Hours per Week
- 14 June 2019 11:30 PM
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of Leeds City Council’s digital services by playing a fundamental role in driving our website and online services as our main customer access channel.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
Working within a dedicated team and collaboratively across the organisation you will play a key role through leading, or working on:
- implementing prototypes, producing page layouts and templates;
- ensuring our approach reflects the latest thinking, and helps us achieve our aspiration to have the best council website;
- developing and providing relevant guidance to all stakeholders;
- ensuring that all of our on-line presence is user friendly and complies with branding guidelines and accessibility standards, and
- informing and enabling the delivery of on-line strategies which result in better customer services and ways of working across the organisation.
What you’ll need
- Experience of web design / front end development work – As part of your application, please provide your (or a link to) work portfolio
- An excellent understanding of accessibility standards and how to apply them
And, you are able to use
- Git, GitFlow and version control
Work with services across the council and the public to develop content that encourages our users to self-serve using the council’s website.
We promote diversity and want a workforce that reflects the population of Leeds.
All new Leeds City Council appointments are made subject to the satisfactory completion of a six month probationary period.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$300-500 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page