Assistant Project Manager in Darlington, UK 🌎
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an Assistant Project Manager to join our Project Management team in Darlington.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
The Assistant Project Manager is accountable for the supporting the Project Manager in the planning and execution of the project to achieve both Wood and client’s objectives. This includes, but is not limited to; developing, project management documentation and maintaining project information, controls and records. The role also involves a focus on high quality delivery and promoting health and safety excellence. This role is responsible for supporting the delivery of EPCM / EPC multi-discipline projects across Woods business.
- Working with the Project Manager(s) to prepare and deliver key requirements of project scopes.
- Developing plans and execution strategies to successfully delivery the project objectives
- Supporting the development of contracts for the provision of goods and / or services, monitoring compliance and managing change (positive/negative)
- Maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of projects that align with Wood best practice
- Planning and controlling the delivery of scopes of work within the project and liaising with Discipline Managers
- Managing Client interfaces alongside the Project Manager(s)
- Cost Management verses agreed project scopes/budgets
Skills / Qualifications
Technical Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Working Knowledge of approaches for the successful delivery of EPCm / EPC projects from project inception to mechanical completion and handover, including commissioning where necessary.
- Knowledge of contract preparation and procurement of service providers, in particular design and technical services and construction contracts
- Knowledge of approaches for the preparation and maintenance of schedules of project and/or programme activities and deliverables.
- Working Knowledge of developing and agreeing budgets for projects and/or programmes and managing actual and forecast costs against them
- Working Knowledge of quality management processes for project activities and outputs
- Working Knowledge of documenting the fundamental components of projects and/or programmes and/or portfolios (scope, schedule, resource requirements, budgets, risks, issues and quality)
- Working Knowledge of governance arrangements for the delivery of projects and/or programmes and/or portfolios, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities that align with Wood governance, processes and practices.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations applicable to infrastructure projects, in particular CDM regulations
- Development of project requirements and plans for the delivery of project objectives
- Development of project business case and the evaluation of options to satisfy project requirements
- Identification and monitoring of project risks (threats and opportunities), planning and tracking responses to them and responding to other issues that affect projects, including change management
Management Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Engineering background
- Proven experience of collaborating with people.
- Confident communicator
- Capable of working under own initiative or as part of a wider team
- Experience in Management of Teams
Qualifications and Accreditations
- Degree level or equivalent in an engineering, building, quantity surveying, science or business subject
- Membership of appropriate professional institution, or working towards membership
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page