Web Developer 📍 Leicester, United Kingdom
Insight Consultancy is a Leicester based digital agency looking to build a strong in-house development team. We are looking for a freelance web developer to assist the development department in the creation of high quality responsive websites.
The role would be to support on a freelance basis through regular, ongoing projects in a front end and/or back end capacity to create responsive websites for a wide range of clients. Projects would be specified via a design mock up/wire frame and specification list.
Their everyday responsibility would be to create responsive WordPress websites for a wide range of clients. Our websites are built bespoke, so we don’t just adapt pre-made themes.
Remote applications are welcomed.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
Experience required in
- Building bespoke WordPress websites (not adapting a pre-made theme) via a design mock up created by our designers
- Using plugins such as WooCommerce to add further functionality
- Structuring a site through taxonomies/Custom Post Types
- Fully optimizing websites for a variety of devices and screen sizes
- Browser testing and bug fixing
- Speed optimisation and testing
- Version control
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation best practices
- Understanding of User Experience best practices
- An interest in new or emerging technologies such as CSS Grid, - Progressive Web Apps, AMP, Schema Data
- Awareness of digital marketing integrations such as AdWords, Facebook Pixel, Mailchimp
Insight Consultancy are a busy Leicester based digital agency offering digital marketing services for a wide range of small business clients, including social media management, AdWords, branding, print design, email marketing, and of course, website design and development. We’re based on DMU campus in the Innovation Centre, and the area is a hub of lively business activity. We’re in the position to grow our team and are looking for new passionate team players. We take a hugely collaborative and personal approach in what we do for our clients.
- Work within a small and friendly team
- CPD program and training budget
- Based in a business hub with access to a staff kitchen, soft drinks, sofas, seating
- Based on the University campus so there is always lots going on
- Annual wage increase
- Eye test voucher scheme
- Free healthy food & drink available in the office
- Opportunities for career development
- Opportunity for a bonus scheme
- 20 holiday days a year plus bank holidays and company-wide days out for inspiration
- Company lunch outings and social events
- Spontaneous doughnut days!
#Developer #Wordpress #Front-End #Back-End #Stack #Website #Web #Graduate #Marketing #Agency #Studio #Digital #SEO #UX #Media #Development #Designer #Coder
Please apply with an up to date CV and short cover letter outlining who you are and what interests you in the role with some examples of recent development projects.
No recruitment companies please.
- Part-time, Contract, Commission
- WordPress: 1 year (Required)
- English (Required)
Flexible Working Options Available
- Work from home
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$300-500 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%