Web & Graphic Designer 📍 London, United Kingdom
UniQ Studios are a London-based creative production agency and web content provider, specialising in commercial photography, interactive images, video production, web development services as well as studio and event space hire. We specialise in fashion and product photography for eCommerce and Advertising.
We currently shoot and supply up to 4000 finished images per week and our Clients include; CK, Estée Lauder, Casio, Groupon, Under Armour, BHS, Mac Cosmetics, Animal, Lloyds Bank, BBC, Channel 4, Sony Music, Rock Nation and Universal Music amongst others.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
- £15 to £25 per hour (depending on experience and project brief). Work can also be done on a set per-project rate.
- Freelance or part-time basis with flexible working hours 2-4 days per week (Possibly leading to a full-time role). Working Hours are flexible (daytime, evening and weekends available)
- Our South East London SE18 office and/or working from Home
UniQ Studios is looking for a talented Front End Web Designer / Graphic Designer to work with on a per-project or per hour basis. The role is ideal for a freelancer who wants regular work and income (we have 2-4 days guaranteed work per week) whilst also remaining independent with other client work. You will have the flexibility to work from home but must be based in London (or nearby) and must be willing to work from our East London office where required.
You should have experience using Wordpress, Magento (and ideally Joomla) and must have very good attention to detail and natural design flair, with an understanding of basic design principles. We are fast-growing with unrivalled ambition and require a passionate, motivated and ambitious individual to join our small but dynamic and talented team. The primary responsibility of this role is to support the professional delivery of diverse marketing and communications materials in both print and digital media.
The person appointed will work on several concurrent projects under management from the Creative Director and in collaboration with other in-house individuals and external teams. The person appointed would be expected to work autonomously against agreed briefs and pursue the tasks through to completion.
Main tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Develop and adapt design concepts from creative leads and briefs
- Develop and maintain the Company’s brand, look and feel across several in-house websites and marketing materials
- Communicate and liaise with clients and web developers, providing appropriate feedback as necessary to progress with and complete projects
- Produce wireframes and detailed layered Photoshop graphics for web development
- Manage briefs and timelines, advising the creative director of time issues and/or any concerns that arise
- Perform quality control and multi-browser testing
- Creating and modifying spreadsheets for web content uploads
- Multitasking and handling a number of projects at one time, giving each one full attention to ensure the delivery of an excellent quality
- Digital content may include front-end website design, web-based adverts, website imagery, button design, page layout design, mini-site design, e-newsletters, HTML emails, adverts for use on social networking sites, and visual diagrams
- Experience using Wordpress and Magento
- Competence in Adobe Creative Suite especially
- Photoshop, Illustrator
- Understanding of design and layout principles
- Natural creative flair
- An exceptional eye for detail
- Strong communicator with good written and spoken English
- Excellent time management skills & multi-tasking abilities
- Knowledge/competency in MS Office especially Excel
- Must be a completer finisher
Desirables (not essential)
- Experience using Joomla
- Strong PHP and back-end coding knowledge/experience
Selected applicants will be invited to attend UniQ Studios for an interview.
To apply please send us your CV and cover note explaining why you will be suitable for the role to careers (with “Web & Graphic Designer” as the email subject).
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of an exciting and fast-growing creative production studio.
- Part-time, Contract, Permanent
- £15.00 to £25.00 /hour
- Wordpress and Magento: 2 years (Required)
- Joomla: 1 year (Preferred)
- Graphic design: 2 years (Required)
- London, Greater London (Preferred)
- fluent oral & written English (Preferred)
Flexible Working Options Available
- Staggered hours
- Work from home
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page