Children's Designer 📍 Minneapolis, United States
Large, well established,reputable and successful fashion accessory company, with strong private label business partners seeking to add to its design team. Looking for a creative designer with a passion for Children’s product and experience across accessory categories: handbags,backpacks, hats, wallets, cold weather.
- Preference given to candidates located in Minneapolis market.
- Planful management of product development calendar, expertise in milestone meeting deliverable.
- Follow up to ensure all development, pre production and production sample requests are received on time working with team.
- Knowledge of accessory construction, silhouettes, color ways, sewing techniques, fabrication and trim; familiarity with print design and manufacturing.
- Market knowledge and trend focus to develop relevant product and credibility to designs
- Ability to collaborate and work with team of designer to execute overall brand or concepts
- Create Illustrator sketches, specification packets for production and assortment line sheets for retailers.
- Organization skills that ensure accuracy of product development tracking tools and updates to ensure design reflects design concept and specification.
- Understand cost drivers in product details to engineer cost viable design.
- Clear communication and follow up with global partners leveraging emails and proactive communication.
- Resilient and agile to product changes working with Design team/ Account Management to ensure concept is met.
- 5-years of design experience – spirit of innovation and creativity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design, Textile design, Graphic Design or another related field. (Associate Degree considered).
- Strong organizational skills with careful attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Exel)
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign or Key Note.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment on multiple projects and adhere to deadlines.
- Positive attitude, collaborative and adaptable with a willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Preference given to candidates with experience designing for Target and other mid-tier retailers.
- Full-time, Part-time
- Associate (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Flexible schedule
Hours per week
Typical start time
Typical end time
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is
- Detail-oriented – would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Adaptable/flexible – enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent – enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative – prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
$35-50 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page