Mid Level Graphic Designer 📍 Carlstadt, United States
Who we are?
We are looking for the right candidate to work closely with us and help deliver high-level concepts for internal needs & clients. This role will report up to the Art Directors, with additional guidance and direction from the President of Studio D.
Doing the deep dive
From Diamonds to Donuts, we work with a range of small emerging brands to many of the top brands among most categories. In this position, you will be working in Studio D as a core member who will be responsible for designing for a surplus of brands and projects ranging from developing brand identities / brand development to way-finding, signage, menu board development and much more. We are a design studio that works in conjunction with our parent company, VGS, to bring our concepts to life and manufacture / roll out comprehensive design programs to real life environments. If you’re not comfortable navigating your way through new terrain, pushing boundaries, and following direction, you may want to hit that back button and look elsewhere.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
In this role, you will be accountable for
- Sourcing inspiration, information, and imagery (mood boards) according to a strategy / concept
- Design concepts to fit within a strategy or brand
Execution (Design through Production)
- Work with the creative team to execute a design concept through final production
- Design logos, print collateral, brand development, menu boards, environmental design, edit photography, presentations, digital layouts, social media imagery, basic motion assets, and other assorted needs
- Sketch and draw
- Design type layouts and systems for print and digital applications, using advanced typography skills
- Present work to the creative team, bringing a strong design POV
- Own small to large scale projects independently and collaboratively
- See projects through to completion
- Create presentation materials for new business and client presentations
- Follow concepts as communicated by art director
- Take exceptional notes and have a keen eye for attention to detail
You’ve Been In the Game For a Bit… and
- Minimum of 2-5 years experience in a design environment
- You’ve Got A Few Trophies To Show…
- Portfolio showcasing creative and well thought out concepts,
- branding, and unique design solutions.
- Note: Portfolio should indicate your role on each project and the other creative team members who contributed to and guided your work
- You’ve Got a Bag Of Tricks & You’re Down For Anything…
- Graphic design and print layout
- Custom Typography Skills
- Familiarity with social platforms
- Show Us What You Got
- You’ve Mastered the Basics…
- Have an Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, (AfterEffects is a plus)
- and you maintain very well organized digital files
NOT REQUIRED, BUT ALWAYS A PLUS
- BA, BFA, or BS in Graphic Design or similar
- Fine Art/Illustration skills
- Photography skills
- Knowledge in CSS / HTML / Wordpress
DON’T APPLY IF YOU
- Aren’t located in the NY/NJ area
- Have a specific 1 size fits all visual style
- Don’t think conceptually
- Can’t design well within brand guidelines
- Don’t like wearing multiple hats (this comes with working with a small team)
- Don’t know the difference between your program’s shortcuts and cutting corners
- Are hung up on roles or hierarchy
- Are not receptive to critiques or direction from team members on your work
- Have trouble with paying attention to detail
- Are glossing this over. Psstt…Please include a reference to your favorite type of baked good (dessert) on your cover page
- Have trouble with maintaining consistency
- Can’t balance your opinions with others in the name of collaboration
- Don’t enjoy finding the right moments to joke around and keep it lighthearted
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Graphic Design: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is
- Dependable – more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented – would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Innovative – prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- Achievement-oriented – enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Monday to Friday
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions: