Graphic Designer 📍 Boston, United States
We are a people-focused company. Our employees, our speakers, our attendees and our sponsors work together to create a world-class conference company. We are modernizing our marketing and sales by adding new digital technologies, and we need more great people to build the next generation of content delivery and connections for our constituents.
World Congress, the leading global provider of health care, life sciences, and legal conferences, forges communities by convening senior executives to connect, collaborate, and engage. Whether it’s our annual flagship event, The World Health Care Congress, or one of our more specialized Congresses or Summits, we produce premier industry forums by bringing together CEOs and senior executives from all segments of industry, with the latest thought leaders and case studies, representing innovative approaches to make significant advances within industry and at the ground-level, within companies.
If you are someone who likes to build, lead and make an impact, World Congress is the place for you. Your days will go by quickly and you will have the ability to make decisions that make a difference to the company and our customers. This is a fast-paced culture that rewards on merit and appreciates the hard work you put into our collective success.
We are looking for a part-time, flexible, freelance graphic designer to join our team in-house for approximately 20 hours per week. This individual will be responsible for the design and production of social media graphics, brochures, website banners and other digital components, email campaigns, and other marketing materials using the Adobe Creative Suite. Ideal candidates should be able to produce awesome creative concepts and solutions on tight timelines.
The Graphic Designer should be highly motivated and will:
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders, including marketing, sales, and production to provide superior graphic design for World Congress conferences.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and social, sharing new tricks and techniques to further the World Congress reach and brand.
- Maintain schedules to meet deadlines and set our conferences up for success (i.e. Trello, creative meetings, creative briefs, print requirement forms)
- Design conference materials including, but not limited to logos, brand standard guidelines, brochures, program guides, digital, social, and signage.
- Design Sales & Marketing materials (flyers, brochures, catalogs, direct mail pieces, posters, print and online advertisements)
- Strategize and contribute new ideas for web and digital (landing pages, email blast design, banner ads)
- Accomplish tasks as efficiently as possible and maintain server files appropriately for maximum efficiency.
- Source and coordinate with vendors for printing, promotions and installations
- Requires a minimum of three (3) years of experience
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign especially, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat; and MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, & Word)
- Experience with video editing and html a plus
- Ability to create and execute projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with multiple teams, across departments
- Extremely organized with the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Experience with four-color printing process including preparing and overseeing print projects
- Ideal candidate will thrive in the fast-paced environment of a growing company.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Fine Arts or equivalent
- Experience: 3-5 years Digital and Print
- Strong portfolio including brochures and booklets
World Congress (W C Research) is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, military veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or other protected-group status. EOE is the law.
Please note that we do not offer relocation assistance; only local candidates able to work in the Woburn, MA office will be considered at this time.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
$35-50 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions: