Senior Offsite Graphic Designer 📍 Medford, United States
Ace Creative is an exciting high-paced graphic design firm of 5 women, based in Medford, Massachusetts specializing in print, brand, interactive, and large-scale design primarily for education and non-profit clients. We solve marketing and communications challenges for our clients by “wowing” them with designs that are targeted to their specific audiences and goals, organized, and on time. We use design as a means to create impact in the community and work with institutions to help them facilitate social change.
We focus on the business and the creative side of every project to make sure that our designs are strategic, on schedule, and within budget. We have been in business for over 15 years and have an established a loyal clientele who share our vision, as well as a steady stream of new and exciting clients. We are guided by our Principal’s vision and high standards of design to reflect the client’s voice and needs by providing them with a visual presence, helping them to build their brands and implement their missions. We believe that powerful design can help clients reach their goals exponentially faster.
Ace Creative Highlights
- 15 years in the graphic design business
- Currently our increased demand exceeds our current talent availability.
- We have grown 70% over the last year.
- Our esteemed higher education clients include Harvard, Tufts and Lesley amongst others.
- Our mission also includes serving non-profits who are making a difference in the world.
We are seeing a highly-skilled senior level graphic design professional to join our team. We are a Boston-based company but the Sr. Graphic Freelance Designer could be based anywhere in a similar time zone (EST). The ideal candidate will be ready to form a long-term, flexible, and virtual working relationship; have a fully operational offsite office; and have expert scheduling and time management skills. The right candidate must be able to manage their own schedule effectively and proactively.
Work would start on a project basis and increase as we train the designer to use our project management tools and determine what projects are a good fit. This is a freelance-to-full-time position, and would work towards full-time hours for the right person.
- Execute high-level designs under tight deadlines for major education and nonprofit brands. Produce varied and exciting work quickly to meet deadlines and adhere to budgets.
- Create and produce visually beautiful brand identity, event branding, print collateral, websites, HTML emails, banners, trade show exhibits, and more.
- Solid understanding of WordPress, website design, responsive design, and UX/UI.
- Collaborate with other designers, production artists, Creative Director, illustrators, photographers, printers, proofreaders and other vendors.
- Provide a seamless and superior experience for all customers with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Adhere tightly and proactively to production schedules using project management software and internal workflow procedures.
- Creative Director and Principal
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional graphic design experience with an outstanding portfolio.
- Portfolio should demonstrate full capabilities in print design relevant or aligned to our industry and deliverables.
- Portfolio should demonstrate superior typography, color, and composition.
- Degree in Graphic Design or similar.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite with a special emphasis on InDesign. Knowledge or ability to quickly learn Sketch.
- Private, quiet, and fully operational and up-to-date office space to work from with all updated Adobe Creative Suite software, sufficient Wi-Fi, and phone connections.
- Ability to work virtually with expert time management.
- Knowledge of printing process, print specifications, and experience working with printers.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Preferred: Experience with web development (Wordpress, HTML, CSS) in addition to UX/UI or other interactive design skills.
Please submit portfolio, resume, and cover letter. Please address why you feel your experience would be a good fit for Ace Creative, highlighting pertinent pieces in your portfolio that reflect our industry niche of higher education and nonprofit work.
- professional Graphic Design: 5 years (Required)
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page