Front-End & Back-End Developers 📍 Springfield, United States
We are looking for an experienced freelance front-end and back-end web developer(s) who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming for an upcoming 4-6 month website project — individuals and duo-teams are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities will include being a part of the planning process to ensure the framework of the website achieves the client’s requested capabilities, good UI/UX practices, and translating the website art design to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will help to bridge the gap between visual design and technical implementation by taking an active role on both sides to help define how the final product looks and works.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
- Work with the studio and client to come up with framework strategy
- Provide expertise and recommendations on how the website is built, looks, and works
- Build back-end CMS that seamlessly works with front-end design and achieves client’s brief
- Code and develop front-end based on approved design
- Conduct QC in development prior to launch and work through any bugs and raised issues
- Launch the website and be available for 1-week standby in case of any major issues upon launch.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed, scalability, and accuracy
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Proficient understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Proficiency in Shopify eCommerce and/or any other eCommerce platforms/plugins
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
- Familiarity with Photoshop and experience with graphic design is a plus
- If you are a nice, hardworking, and easy-going person, we’ll get along great!
- Temporary contract for 20-35 hours/week, starting November for 4-6 months
- Hourly compensation based on qualifications and experience; biweekly payout
- Must work at our studio in Springfield 2 days/week, other 3 days can be worked remotely
- Must have at least 3 hours overlap per weekday (our studio hours are M-F, 9-6) for internal discussions and/or scheduled meetings with the client
If interested, please apply through Indeed. CV and cover letter optional, but appreciated. Must include a link to your portfolio (must include produced websites only and at least one live website, with a description of your role per project), your rate, and your availability. We will be reviewing portfolios in the next couple of weeks and hope to finalize a contract before mid-November. We will follow up with qualified candidates for an in-person meeting and discuss the project in detail.
- Temporary, Contract
- One location
- 4 - 6 months
- Monday to Friday
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
$45-75 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions: