Web Developer 📍 Pittsburgh, United States
Chris Jezowicz LLC is looking for a Web Developer in the Pittsburgh area to join our team.
The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver who will work in coordination with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and maintain our clients websites and applications. You must be comfortable working as part of a team while taking the initiative to take lead on new innovations and projects.
As an ideal candidate you would
- Have experience developing and maintaining responsive websites and applications
- Have knowledge of WordPress coding standards and functionality
- Have experience developing cross-browser and cross-device compatible websites
- Have the ability to multitask, organize, and prioritize work
As a Web Developer working with Chris Jezowicz LLC you will get the opportunity to work on multiple projects for clients throughout the higher education and nonprofits industries.
If you are eager to learn on the job, grow in your profession, and stay current with the latest in web development trends, you’d be a great fit for this position.
As a Web Developer working with Chris Jezowicz LLC you will be expected to own various tasks in the web development life cycle from start to finish.
A few tasks you can expect to handle would be:
- Working in a collaborative team environment and working with other designers, developers, and stakeholders.
- Maintain open and honest communication. Clearly and regularly communicate progress, issues, and everything in between to provide your honest assessment of the projects status.
- Convert site mockups from Photoshop or Sketch files to fully functioning, responsive websites.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of site mockups and identify gaps between the designs and the end product
- Analyze and troubleshoot problems, and analyze objectives and requirements to identify the appropriate languages, frameworks, libraries and/or technologies to complete the project.
- Build sites powered by WordPress to give our clients the ability to easily manage and edit their own websites.
- Develop high quality websites with the latest best practices in mind. Specifically in regards to user experience, usability, optimization, maintainability, scalability, and accessibility.
- Maintain and update existing websites
- Update WordPress core, themes, and plugins
- Update content through the WordPress admin
- Update legacy, static HTML, websites via SFTP
- Add new functionality and features using plugins and/or custom code
- Perform usability testing, debugging, and quality assurance.
You may be a great fit for this position if you have at least 2 years of real-world web development experience and a working knowledge of:
- CSS preprocessors (SASS, LESS, etc.) and architecture patterns like BEM and SMACSS
- Custom WordPress theme and plugin development
- Version control systems and tools – Git, BitBucket, and SourceTree
- Creative tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Working within Terminal or Command Line
Bonus points if you have experience or exposure to any of the following
- Roots stack – Trellis, Bedrock, and Sage – tools for modern WordPress development
- Package managers such as Yarn, NPM or Composer
- Build tools such as Webpack or Gulp
- Web Accessibility (WCAG)
- Interacting with APIs
- PHP and MySQL
- Local and remote applicants are welcome
- Digital agency/freelance experience preferred
- Full stack experience preferred
- Bring your own device(s)
- Based on experience
- Chris Jezowicz, Owner
- We are located in Pittsburgh, PA
1219 Bingham Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15203
- No degree required
- At least 2 years’ of real-world web development experience
If you’re interested, please apply as soon as possible. Examples of your real-world work are more important than a perfect resume. If you worked on a project with a team, please tell us which parts you were responsible for.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Chris Jezowicz, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
- $20.00 to $50.00 /hour
- Flexible schedule
This Company Describes Its Culture as
- Detail-oriented – quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented – supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented – cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions: