Junior Designer 📍 Manhattan, United States
Launched in 2015, SOL DE JANEIRO is an award-winning, fast-growing premium body care brand based in New York city with a selective distribution, including Sephora (US, Canada, Europe), Harrods, Selfridges, Douglas, and our own e-commerce channel.
SOL DE JANEIRO was founded by Heela Yang and Marc Capra who both fell in love with Brazil and with what beauty meant to women and men in Brazil. We believe you’re as beautiful as you feel. We think beauty isn’t a universal standard to reach, but an attitude to take. This is the mission we want to spread. This brand philosophy extends from our products to our corporate culture. We are leaders, permanently inquisitive, category junkies, incredibly diverse, self-demanding, true team players, and we are all Brazilian in Spirit.
The role will assist in developing graphic design for the brand’s digital touchpoints including our e-comm website, retailer e-comm sites, e-mail marketing, social media platforms, etc. The position will report directly to the Senior Art Director, and will cross-functionally collaborate with the Digital Marketing team, Print Production, and Photography team. Positive collaboration skills and experience in this type of workflow is essential for any candidate applying to this role. The role will be filled in a temp-to-perm capacity.
The candidate will need to assess the current processes and identify where solutions, such as templates or other design solutions can strengthen brand presence, uphold DNA and simultaneously streamline processes. You’ll be asked to take a broad look at existing graphics and images for websites, layouts or social content and provide updated images and implement approved changes as instructed.
Working closely on developing key digital assets and building upon the existing brand DNA with the extended creative team, this individual will be a key contributor to the success of the fast-growing Sol de Janeiro omni-channel business.
This individual must be a self-starter in the digital design space and be able to embrace new concepts and ideas as they are introduced and as the Sol de Janeiro business grows. We value employees who have great insights in beauty and digital, act fast, think creatively and embody the brand’s entrepreneurial spirit.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
- BA/BS/BFA degree in Graphic Design or Communications Design.
- Software Requirements: Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After-Effects or other animation platforms.
- 2-3 years of experience in prestige beauty experience desired, at least 2 years required.
- Strong design background including typography, layout, aesthetic and brand-driven sensibilities.
- Proficient in all aspects of design for digital platforms – e-mail marketing, website banners and social media platforms; with assets executed in various media forms including type-driven, illustrated stills, animated and illustrated gifs, and photographic stills.
- Ability to leverage existing assets, and partner with Digital Graphic Designer on ideation for developing new assets for this touchpoint as needed.
- Ensure brand design standards are upheld, style guide is adhered to and able to solve layout challenges creatively while still remaining on brand.
- The ideal candidate is a graphic technician: concerned with resolutions, color and size accuracies, production values, and have some experience with print production for occasional team support. Must know the difference between CMYK and RBG, spot color and process, a vector or a raster, etc.
- Career track record that shows the candidate has a strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and to meet deadlines using excellent organizational skills, quality execution and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills with ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely – ability to provide and receive constructive feedback that is necessary to improve designs.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment. Must be highly collaborative with ability to understand the objectives of all cross-functional partners and work toward a design that meets that need and upholds the creative integrity of the brand.
**Freelance position 3 days per week to start, with possibility of full-time.
- prestige beauty: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as
- Innovative – innovative and risk-taking
- Team-oriented – cooperative and collaborative
- Detail-oriented – quality and precision-focused
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions: