Graphic Designer 📍 Jersey City, United States
TGC Worldwide, an incubator/accelerator specializing in taking the personal brands of business leaders and industry icons to the next level, has an immediate need for a graphic designer to join our creative team.
Above all else, you need to be an effective and proactive communicator. Secondly, you should have a creative flair and a strong ability to translate written requirements and client requests into design. You also need to be a self-starter. If you can communicate well and produce 3-5 well-reasoned visual concepts for a single idea in a fast paced design environment, I would like to meet you. If you have a strong point of view and have been called “combative,” “pretentious,” or “unemployable,” I would definitely like to meet you.
We do not take on clients that compete with each other. Therefore, our clients work across a variety of industries. Additionally, our clients have different needs, so I cannot clearly say exactly what you would be working on everyday. However, please find examples of things we produce below:
Frequent Work Product
- Social Media Shareables
- Book Covers
- Website Designs (layout only – no need to have coding knowledge)
Occasional Work Product
- Brand Bibles/Brand Standard Kits
- Press Kits (both electronic and print)
- Physical Item Packaging
- Photo Retouching
- Logo Design
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
- Develop illustrations, logos and other designs using software or by hand
- Use the appropriate colors and layouts for each graphic
- Work with copywriters and creative director to produce final design
- Test graphics across various media
- Amend designs after feedback
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to make rational, clear decisions and act quickly to solve problems in a timely manner
- Proven experience in an agency or design studio, or as a freelancer with a consistent clientele and proven deliverables
- A strong and shareable portfolio
- Highly Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Able to take creative direction
- Able to manage competing priorities effectively
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Highly organized
- BA/BS in Graphic Design (recommended)
We are accepting applicants who work 100% remotely, but preference will be given to people who live in the Greater Philadelphia area who are able to come into our offices in Mullica Hill, NJ a few days per month.
The position will start off on a contract trial, but if we find you are a fit, the plan is to bring you on full-time unless it is your desire to remain a contractor.
Please send resume, work samples, and salary requirements or your application will not be considered!
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
- Full-time, Contract
- $40,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- professional graphic design: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Mullica Hill, NJ (Preferred)
- English (Required)
Full Time Opportunity
- One location
- Draft mockups of website designs, brochures, iconography, and any other marketing materials required
- Collaborate with marketing teams and management to discuss which mockups are effective, and use their feedback to develop final drafts
- Revise the work of previous designers to create a unified aesthetic for our brand materials
- Work on multiple projects at once, and consistently meet draft deadlines
- Other duties as requested
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page