Junior Designer 📍 York, United Kingdom
We are recruiting a junior designer to join our team in York city centre. You will be working across Aesthetica Magazine and related projects; these include the Aesthetica Short Film Festival, Art Prize, Future Now Symposium and Creative Writing Award.
This is short-term contract work and consists of providing design assistance to the in-house design team during busy periods. The ideal candidate will have a good working knowledge of Adobe programs and have experience working with both print and digital design. Freelance applications are also welcome.
The post will include
- Assisting with putting together Aesthetica Magazine.
- Assisting with putting together the Film Festival and Symposium programmes.
- Checking images and layouts are print-ready.
- Creating marketing materials including posters, fliers and e-graphics.
- Producing in-house advertisements for our clients.
- Creating mock-up designs with our editorial team.
- Updating website pages.
- Good understanding of all design from grids to creating pixel perfect designs.
- An understanding of website design including basic HTML for email graphics and website updates.
- Experience in dealing with high resolution imagery and preparing files up for print.
- Retouching and artworking skills with good knowledge of retouching process.
- Complete understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Work to tight deadlines and organise own workload.
- Outstanding attention to detail and enthusiasm for development across the brand.
- Communicate clearly and effectively and be welcome to feedback.
- Write a cover letter explaining why you would like to apply for this position.
- Email us your CV highlighting all relevant experience.
- Include a link to your portfolio.
- Deadline is Friday 17 January at 17.00.
- 1 month
- Full-time, Temporary
- £10.00 /hour
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page