Instructional Designer/Copywriter 📍 Auburn Hills, United States
The Instructional Designer/Copywriter is responsible for writing and developing learning solutions that meet and exceed the facility’s expectations for improving retail performance. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop written materials across a variety of media (web, print, live, and video) that communicate a clear, relevant message to all our external and internal audiences including our internal staff, trainers, and the end users in dealerships across the country.
- Design, write and edit throughout entire development process single and multiple platform creative communication, training and performance improvement solutions under tight timelines with minimal supervision, including: o Content outlines, interactive instructional design documents, production scripts, meeting leader guides (for live training) and testing/assessment scripts.
Additional print/interactive support, including print deliverables/job aids, word tracks, and interactive links to multimedia files.
- Research, verify and write organization focused journal excerpts for distribution through Learning Center.
- Participate in the creation of the daily Retail Edge email journal as required.
- Monitor/edit numerous projects/deliverables simultaneously during the development process.
- Attend training events (new Product Immersions), video shoots (i.e., act as interviewer of Engineering and/or Marketing professional) and narrative voice-over recording sessions as required to ensure performance objectives and creative vision are maintained.
- Produce/edit creative deliverables with minimal supervision, and assist staff and freelance personnel as required.
- Participate in status meetings, provide project updates, assist with and occasionally conduct presentations, fulfill any miscellaneous requests.
- Maintain and demonstrate a thorough understanding of all brand product lines and those of our competitors.
- Maintain thorough understanding of instructional design and performance improvement principles, methodologies and processes.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of current organizations advertising/marketing themes to ensure message consistency and impact.
- Assist other team members and freelancers with expertise as necessary.
- Collaborate with corporate partners such as the Sales organization, and Media to leverage available assets and programs as needed to support retail performance improvement and knowledge transfer.
- Ability to provide, present and explain work samples during interview process.
- Proven experience collaborating with project team members and various internal departments/disciplines to produce learning solutions and provide project status updates.
- Excellent and demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience assisting training facilitators as required to prepare/facilitate courseware.
- Experience in Instructional Design preferred.
- Knowledge of Adobe CS3/4 software, including Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign a plus.
- Knowledge of e-Learning Authorware a plus
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page