Digital UX Strategist 📍 Oakland, United States
Blue Shield is looking for a senior-level UX/product designer to help our growing user experience team design best-in-class digital experiences. You’ll work with various stakeholders across the organization to take ideas from initial concepts through delivery with simple, enjoyable experiences for our members, providers, brokers and employer audiences.
- Create designs that provide best-in-class user experiences and evangelize user-centered design principles
- Understand data and analytics and turn them into design strategies to be implemented by our developers to drive ongoing web design/improvement
- Work closely with eBusiness Portals, Marketing, and BU partners to design high quality digital interactions that drive user adoption rates for self-service features, retain members, increase revenue from online applications, and precisely communicate product features and benefits
- Rapidly develop user flows, wireframes, visual mock-ups, detailed high-fidelity schematics, final design assets and functional specifications
- Define the user experience of new features and play a key role in helping define corresponding feature requirements
- Effectively and convincingly prepare design recommendations driven from competitive research, industry best practices, user research, and web analytics
- Take a holistic approach to interaction design across all channels, taking advantage of opportunities to apply similar workflows and components in multiple places
- Understand various web technologies and have the ability to clearly storyboard ideas
- May instruct, guide and oversee work of lower-level professionals
- Above all, have outstanding communication and storytelling skills
- Have ability to serve as a change agent and influence behavior across departmental lines and at multiple levels
- Have ability to strongly influence cross-functional teams to elicit department/partner alignment to strategic objectives
- Work independently and is looked to by others for extensive subject matter expertise, direction, and resolution of complex problems
- Have expert knowledge of workflow analysis, static and dynamic prototyping
- Have strong knowledge of graphic fundamentals, web layout, typography
- Have a strong command of web standards, cross-browser compatibility, accessibility and various web-related optimization techniques
- Possess creativity and ingenuity needed to design interfaces that balance user needs with business/legal requirements
- Have ability to manage multiple tasks in various stages of completion, across various projects
- Have ability to conduct heuristic reviews of website and constituent interactions
- Have ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high throughput environment, often with aggressive timelines
- Have strong business analysis skills
- Native mobile app experience
- Experience with building or assisting in the creation of Design System (InVision DSM or similar) is a HUGE PLUS
- The ideal candidate also has experience with health care, financial or other transactional business process design. Assignments are very broad in nature and can of high complexity.
- A bachelor’s degree in design or a related field is desired.
- Requires a college degree or equivalent experience and minimum 7 years of prior relevant experience.
- Office Environment roles involving part to full time schedule in Office Environment. Based in our physical offices and work from home office/desk work
- Activity level: Sedentary, frequency most of work day.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$300-500 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page