Website & User Interface Designer 📍 Chicago, United States
Chicago Public Schools is seeking a Website & User Interface Designer to join our Marketing team. This person will play a critical role creating intuitive, accessible, and easy-to-use design templates and interfaces for various CPS websites and mobile applications.
- Participate in creative brief and design planning sessions
- Analyze analytical data and conduct original user research
- Conduct comparative visual design research and collect design samples to inspire projects
- Create user experience flows and lead review discussions
- Develop wireframes, interface mock-ups and prototypes
- Create and edit original web and UI design artifacts for new projects
- Recommend design updates and enhancements to existing sites and applications
- Collaborate with web/application developers on the implementation and testing of designs
- 8+ years as an employee of freelancer working for a marketing, interactive, or creative agency or in-house department
- Successful completion of multiple web and user interface design projects for large, complex, highly regulated organizations
- Agile project management
- Strong work ethic with a focus on client service
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and creative thinking skills
- Ability to deliver assignments on deadline for different platforms and different audiences
- Ability to balance competing priorities, demonstrate good judgment and operate effectively within a team
- Adept at multi-tasking while maintaining a calm and productive work demeanor
- Feels sense of urgency in accomplishing goals and objectives
- Maintains a high level of awareness in the interests and motivations of others
- Acts with integrity and demonstrates an unyielding commitment to continuous improvement
- Maintains an unwavering belief that all students can achieve at high levels
All design candidates are required to include a link to their online portfolio in their resume or attach a PDF of their portfolio to be considered.
About Chicago Public Schools
Chicago Public Schools is the third largest school district in America. We operate 642 schools that serve more than 355,000 students across the city of Chicago. Our mission is to provide a high quality public education for every child, in every neighborhood, that prepares each for success in college, career and civic life.
- Part-time, Contract
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page